Studebaker in a Chevrolet Dealer Showroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in a Chevrolet Dealer Showroom

Had the opportunity to place this 1957 Golden Hawk in the showroom of Chevy 21, a dealership located in Hellertown, PA in the Lehigh Valley. t he dealership is promoting the 4th Annual Gala of the America On Wheels Museum located in Allentown PA. The museum's theme for this gala is American Bandstand Remembered and is being held at the museum on 12/03/11

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 GH at Chevy21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1734334Click image for larger version

Name:	57 GH rear Chevy21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1734335
    Last edited by Avantidon; 11-10-2011, 06:57 AM.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Very nice way to show a Studebaker!!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Always nice to hear about a Studebaker getting a chance to shine. You'll probably generate all sorts of questions and hear lots of stories if you hang around there while it's on display.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

It will be there through the 24th of November and is the coolest of the five cars there. The cars in the exhibit are a 55 Buick, 57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, 65 Mustang, 66 Buick Wildcat Convertible and a 68 Camaro Convertible. It's a truly nice exhibit and I personally believe the hawk will be the star of the show. Again thaks to the dealer for all of the free publicity for the museum.

If your interested here's the link to the museum's website: http://www.americaonwheels.org/

Big Studebaker Meeting there on Saturday when the Keystone Region will hold a meeting there.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
          ..... and hear lots of stories if you hang around there while it's on display.
          Stories like..."yeah, I had my new '57 Chevy wound out on a rural road...late at night...an' suddenly this here Studebaker Hawk blew my doors off...goin' a hunnert an' thirty miles 'n hour...in second gear...gitt'n thirty-five miles per gallon!"

(I'm old enough to have heard most of them. They are very entertaining when they are repeated with conviction...with a Don Knots kinda voice and swagger.)
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Excellent. 'Nice to see the display. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The Buick conv looks like a '63

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                Stories like..."yeah, I had my new '57 Chevy wound out on a rural road...late at night...an' suddenly this here Studebaker Hawk blew my doors off...goin' a hunnert an' thirty miles 'n hour...in second gear...gitt'n thirty-five miles per gallon!"

(I'm old enough to have heard most of them. They are very entertaining when they are repeated with conviction...with a Don Knots kinda voice and swagger.)
                I thought that was a Nash?

Beep, Beep. Beep, Beep. His car went Beep Beep Beep!

Comment

That Hawk is a great representative of the breed.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by cdn56J View Post