X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After dinner mint 11-09-11

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Where was that taken, Gary? Is that Marvin Snider's '52 from Indianapolis (Greenwood, actually) Indiana? I ask because the car right next to it appears to be Steve Jones' '55 from our Indy Chapter as well....but maybe not. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This was taken at the Iowa International.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
        This was taken at the Iowa International.
        That could well be both Marvin and Steve's cars, Gary; I believe they both attended Iowa 2009. I'm going to see Marvin tomorrow anyway, so I'll ask him! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Love that color.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

That is the car that I grew up with and started my Studebaker madness....er Disease!... er affliction!!!
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Gary
              You post the coolest pictures. We have two things in common. The love of C/K's and GREEN cars!
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Update to yesterday's speculation. I spent most of the day today with Marvin Snider, riding over to Greensburg for the "Studebaker History Day" at Decatur North High School, discussed in another thread.

The 1952 Commander sedan pictured above indeed was Marvin's car when the picture was taken at the 2009 SDC International Meet in Cedar Rapids. That is also Indy Chapter SDCer Steve Jones' '55 next to it.

Marvin sold that '52 on e-bay about a year ago. He still has a very nice 1962 full dash / 4-speed Hawk, and the 1955 President we drove today. Marvin paused for this picture when we got back from today's Decatur/Greensburg adventure:

(Thanks for the ride over, Marvin.) BP

Comment

Working...
                X