X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 11/9/11: 64 R2 GT Hawk

Allen Anderson's supercharged beauty at Fleetwood 2010

S.

The 64 was such an elegant beauty. Too bad it's life was cut short when South Bend closed.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Agreed. The GTs are my preferred Hawk.

My dream GT is a regular 289, Powershift, P/S and A/C, red or black with red interior. Wish I'd have kept the one I sold locally.

I do have this 62 black with black/white interior and 4-speed that needs a rebody. Still keeping my eye peeled for a clean rolling shell for it.

Beautiful as always, Allen
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        Agreed. The GTs are my preferred Hawk.

My dream GT is a regular 289, Powershift, P/S and A/C, red or black with red interior. Wish I'd have kept the one I sold locally.

I do have this 62 black with black/white interior and 4-speed that needs a rebody. Still keeping my eye peeled for a clean rolling shell for it.

Beautiful as always, Allen
        Bob A. - It sounds like you would have liked my '64 Hawk. It was/is black with the deep red interior and 289, AT. I sold it to a guy in NJ. The last that I saw it, was at a Zone Meet where it got a first. I bought that Hawk from the original owner. Cathy worked with the guy's daughter. The guy bought a new Hawk every year from 1956 to 1964, with two new for 1964. He kept this 1964 almost "forever".
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That model GT is fast becoming my favorite Studebaker. If you guys keep posting these gorgeous picks of Lark converts, Wagoinaires, GTs....you are going to make me a Studebaker addict, and potentially single...lol or at least living in a dog house. Good thing we have good weather here in Cali.

Comment

Working...
          X