Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1963 Lark Wagonaire at Pull a Part in Indianapolis!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Lark Wagonaire at Pull a Part in Indianapolis!!!

Poor little fella is labeled as a 59 Champion and to add insult to injury is in the Chrylser section! I wanted to take the little fella home but my wife would make me sleep in the garage again, wait thats not punishement. It was pretty rusty but the motor, carb and trans were all there. It was not a disc brake car the door glass and the side trim looked decent the rear quarter glass was gone and all the tailgate trim was mia. It started to rain so I didnt get a chance to dig thru the inside so see what kind of seats or any other info. I have a couple of poor phone pics I can send to anyone wanting them and would be more than happy to drop back by to scope out something and get some better pics as I didnt have the right tool for what I was hunting for! 317-654-7313 of email @ jahfar_75@yahoo.com Thanks, Jonn Farr

This is another member in the same town as Bob P.! Hopefully, Bob P. will see this thread and check out the wagon.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Workable tailgates (workable meaning a pice that could be saved with work) are getting scarce. They're also, unfortunately, a PITA to get off if they haven't been so in recent years.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
        Workable tailgates (workable meaning a pice that could be saved with work) are getting scarce. They're also, unfortunately, a PITA to get off if they haven't been so in recent years.
        And dangerous too. Ask Bob Peterson about his Emergency Room trip.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Ouch!!!! boy that smarts.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

That is exactly why I installed a heater in my garage.

Comment

If you are close enough to Indy to be interested in a workable tailgate I have one a little farther north I will sell. It can be had for $150. Will post pictures or send if anyone interested. Thanks!

Comment

Went back yesterday to get some parts for my trail truck and strolled by the Lark again. Block starts with a V so its a 259, its all there including the carb. The dash, steering wheel, column and everything else in the interior are gone or useless. Door glass is there except for the tailgate and rear quarter windows. Poor little guy, I feel so helpless!

Comment

Originally posted by jahfar View Post
                  Went back yesterday to get some parts for my trail truck and strolled by the Lark again. Block starts with a V so its a 259, its all there including the carb. The dash, steering wheel, column and everything else in the interior are gone or useless. Door glass is there except for the tailgate and rear quarter windows. Poor little guy, I feel so helpless!
                  You may be wise in snagging as many of the 1963 specific parts as possible plus the 'usual' stuff i.e. distributor, carb, starter, radiator, etc.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                  X