Powder Coating Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder Coating Anyone?

I do powder coating on the side. I have any color you can imagine. I even have a "chrome" that looks close to the real thing for a fraction of the cost. I can do anything as big as a car or as small as a bracket at a very reasonable price. Just let me know. Thanks Tom

I use powder coating a lot, but you're a world away. I just had a Dana 60 E12 rear axle powdercoated. Would have cost more to ship one way than to do it here in town.

Next time I'm doing some small stuff which will fit in a USPS Large Flat Rate Box, I'll give you a try.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Tom,

Just for curiosity's sake, how much would it cost do to a frame? I've always wondered...
      Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      \'60 Lark HT
      \'63 Wagonaire
      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

How close to chrome does your finish look? Do you have any pictures of samples of your work?
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

To powder coat an entire frame is $240 in black. Black is the cheapest powder. I'd be glad to do it for you. Thanks Tom

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm not close enough for your services.
            Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            \'60 Lark HT
            \'63 Wagonaire
            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
              To powder coat an entire frame is $240 in black. Black is the cheapest powder. I'd be glad to do it for you. Thanks Tom
              Does the frame need to be blasted prier to you getting it or do you blast it?
              64 Champ long bed V8
              55/53 Studebaker President S/R
              53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

I can blast it but that is an extra fee. Everything I do I do is usually already cleaned. The oven gets to 410 degrees so any paint or rubber parts turn to ash. The chrome is close but it doesn't have the brilliance of chrome. It's hard to match the look of real chrome.

Comment

Working...
                X