56 Wagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Wagon...

I know from the auctions that 50-70's wagons are in! From the board I see a lot of interest in wagons.... There is a '56 Stude South of here for sale and I've been trying for a month to catch up with the seller and gain more information. Another convoluted situation, grand daughter helping grandma selling it and car is 150 miles away.

If I can get more information, is there anything special about a '56? How many were produced. My plate is full unless it is in awesome shape and/or can be a quick flip so if I can extract anymore info I'll bring it to the board.

1956 is kind of a special station wagon year in that it was the last year when all the wagons were two-door (until the 1959 Lark), but it was the first year the cars were designed to actually look like "Big Three" styling...not that it made much difference sales-wise.

According to the fourth edition of The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1974, here are the production figures for each of the three 1956 Studebaker station wagon models:

Pelham (Champion Six): 2,236

Parkview (Commander 259 V8 power): 3,333

Pinehurst (President 289 V8 power): 1,522
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
    X