Paxton supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton supercharger

Hey guys i have a Paxton supercharger up for sale. I had plans to use it but i was unaware what it went to until i did some research. I was told it would be in good hands here so if anyone wants to take it off my hands i'm selling it for $850. Its in really good condition, it spins and still has fluid in it. PM me if interested. Thank you
    Attached Files

Welcome to the site first of all. You may have only joined to post this, which is fine with me, but you may also have a Stude so welcome.

Do you have any bracketry for it?
    What was it on before?
    How old is it?
    Any other info is helpful for us. I SERIOUSLY would LOVE a SC on my old truck, but $850 is a bit out of my current budget. I will think about it and see if I can finagle something but I doubt it right now. Too many other needs just to get my truck on the road to think about spending this extra wish list stuff for now.

Best wishes on the sale though.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOF View Post
      Hey guys i have a Paxton supercharger up for sale. I had plans to use it but i was unaware what it went to until i did some research. I was told it would be in good hands here so if anyone wants to take it off my hands i'm selling it for $850. Its in really good condition, it spins and still has fluid in it. PM me if interested. Thank you
      That's about $100-200 under the price of a factory rebuilt unit, with the risk that yours may turn out to need it once installed. Sadly, just because it spins, that is not proof that it's ready to go. BTDT.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Thats not a bad deal if you know what the clocking and brackets are set up for. Is the carb, bonnet and brackets included, and what did these parts come off of? The supercharger itself is a 200 dollar core, the brackets etc, are what makes " the package" a decent deal.

Looks like 1980s Mustang?

Comment

Its been opened up sometime in the past-notice the lack of safety wire. On the other hand clocking it to a different postion is easy now.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Im going to take my business else where... And yes i have a Stude.
            Its a 47 Studebaker stepside. So im going to another forum with less assholes.
            Thanks

Comment

Thank you but flattery will get you nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOF View Post
                Im going to take my business else where... And yes i have a Stude.
                Its a 47 Studebaker stepside. So im going to another forum with less assholes.
                Thanks
                We can get quite spirited here, but that was completely uncalled for. You were given honest opinions from knowledgeable people...just because one doesn't like what was said doesn't justify such an attitude. A grip on reality is called for.
                Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

WOW!
                  Whats up with that?
                  I dont even read any post that are offensive.
                  My post was legitimate questions, not only for me but others who may be interested. Others were just honest evaluations of possible value.
                  I seriously dont see the reason for anger here.

ROOF:
                  DO NOT JOIN the H.A.M.B. !!! Those guys will rip you a new one over there we are all nice and quite accomodating here.
                  If you do join the H.A.M.B. , or if they will let you here to change your user name on here you could go with "panties in a bunch" or "pissy attitude" !
                  Have a nice day.

Comment

Let's be honest here. ROOF figured we'd all be WOW'd by a vintage supercharger that wasn't froze up, and the bidding would commence at $850. Oh well...... LOL!
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on fire!!!!
                      Jamie McLeod
                      Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                      1958 Commander "Christine"
                      1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                      1955 Commander Sedan
                      1964 Champ
                      1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                        The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on fire!!!!
                        We don't need no water, let the mother----er burn! Burn mother----er, burn! <GG>

Yeah, I know that song

Seriously, makes you wonder what was said. Nothing in this thread, obviously. Just another head case.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

He was referred here by the folks over on the AACA forum where he tried to sell it first. Not sure why they sent him here and not the Mustang forums. It's obviously not a Stude setup. On the AACA forum he said he was in a tight spot, so maybe he needs some slack, but I'm not sure why the truth should have upset him so much.

I posted the basics of this thread's direction on the AACA forum. Not sure why. It just seemed over the line for civil forum posting.
                          Last edited by jlmccuan; 11-08-2011, 05:59 PM.
                          Jim
                          Often in error, never in doubt
                          http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

HAHAHA
                            Just to make sure are we taking Rock Master Scott and the Dynamic 3 or the Bloodhound Gang version....The latter would be "let the mother {insert old man farting} burn....no profanity at all.

I happen to know both versions, not proud of that, just do.

Fun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
                              He was referred here by the folks over on the AACA forum where he tried to sell it first. Not sure why they sent him here and not the Mustang forums. It's obviously not a Stude setup. On the AACA forum he said he was in a tight spot, so maybe he needs some slack, but I'm not sure why the truth should have upset him so much.
                              Im in a tight spot, but I was still friendly to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X