lark parts/ seals for windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lark parts/ seals for windows?

I need to know where I can get the window seals for a 60 lark.when I was removing them from both cars they were old and not so good. i want to get the windows back together and not rattle around when they are up or down. there are seals that go around the frame on the inside and in the window frame on the bottom. I looked around and can't find the links I need to find and order them.

WST005 WINDOW RUN CHANNEL,WST006 WINDOW RUN CHANNEL,WST007 WINDOW RUN CHANNEL,WST008 WINDOW RUN CHANNEL,WST008 WINDOW RUN CHANNEL,WST009 WINDOW RUN CHANNEL

What you need is Window Run..........I believe others may call U-channel, a stainless? flexible u shaped, material lined piece that starts at the vent window top and travels all the way to the rear of the window and down inside the door, (makes a BIG 7 shape)

"cat whiskers" or "Weather Seal" inner and outer pieces that you would want are #297991# 297900 respectively, these are on the window opening base, where you might rest your arm when the windows are down. There are many little clips that hold these pieces in.
    These pieces are also stainless, but may be reproduced in another material...........

And don't forget your vent window "Run" channel, that deteriorates as well.

One last thing, book mark those vendors that you'll be shopping with.

This is a diagram of a Stude Truck door window, but for reference, the pieces inside A Lark are very similar. scanner broke

I'd like to get some of the U channel in longer lengths since I did away with my vent windows, while they do make after market I've been curious and never asked if another Studebaker using the same material came in a longer length. c/k car for example?
    Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

you are 100% correct that is what I was talking about. thank you soooooo much.

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
        I'd like to get some of the U channel in longer lengths since I did away with my vent windows, while they do make after market I've been curious and never asked if another Studebaker using the same material came in a longer length. c/k car for example?
        I actually buy mine in bulk from JC Whitless, though, the last channel I got had gray flock rather than black. There are restoration supply sources who can provide bulk lengths.

Danny,
        I'm getting the impression, after dealing with this car for more than eight months, you still have not procured your shop manual or parts catalogs!
        Please tell me you have at least joined SDC.
        Last edited by rockne10; 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          I actually buy mine in bulk from JC Whitless, though, the last channel I got had gray flock rather than black. There are restoration supply sources who can provide bulk lengths.

Danny,
          I'm getting the impression, after dealing with this car for more than eight months, you still have not procured your shop manual or parts catalogs!
          Please tell me you have at least joined SDC.
          AND,order a S.I. catalog !!! -$3.50 !!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
          X