56 GH flood car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 GH flood car

Shame about this car, but just a heads up for anyone interested, looks to be an obvious flood car

Seller doesn't say it was a flood car, but he doesn't say it wasn't either. Look at the water line on the back of the seat and the dash.

For those that don't know, avoid flood cars like the plague. Floods start rust in ways and places that can't be completely addressed. Sad to say, but I would only consider this car for a few hard parts; in which case, it would be tough to pay even the opening bid.

Buyer beware, is all.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Shame about this car, but just a heads up for anyone interested, looks to be an obvious flood car

Sad to say, but I would only consider this car for a few hard parts; in which case, it would be tough to pay even the opening bid.

Buyer beware, is all.

Definate project but its worth the opening for scrap iron. I wont comment on how much more it may be worth. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

From the seller's write-up, he's pushing it as parts as much as anything. I think that's fair.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There are flood cars and then there are salt water flood cars. Any Studebaker which lived in Louisiana is going to have a lot of rust. Then, flood it with brackish water and let it sit for several years and it is really going to be rusty. Does the photo show the lower lip of the hood to be completely rusted away?

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Right - just as there's "California Cars" that have spent their lives in costal towns. I've had a few pass thru my hands in the 29 years I've lived here. In fact, one of the first I bought was a 56 Golden Hawk that ran and drove for $500 bucks. Still, there's stuff that could be salvaged from these cars. One just has to decide what's the value of rehabbing a part that's eroded badly.
          Had a '64 GT pass thru my hands some years ago - it was salt ravaged too. But by telling the ultimate buyer what he was getting for $1500, he and I were both happy in the end. Would he have been better off to find a nice, solid example instead? That was his choice. BTW, the aforementioned 56 GH was gleefully snapped up by a guy who already had 6 or 7 of them and wanted this one for parts.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Flood damage is the least of that car's problems.

Comment

Working...
            X