Josh, Papa,and ol' Fred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh, Papa,and ol' Fred

I had a few chores to do in the woods and decided to get to it today. I went and got ol'Fred(My 58 Transtar) out and warmed him up, loaded everything I needed in the back. Fred is a long wheel base 1/2 ton with a 49 Champion engine and a grandma 4spd in it. It's geared so low that my son says you can start off in 1st gear then get out,walk around it and check the air pressure in the tires while it's going. I went down to my daughter's house to see if G-son Josh wanted to go with me. He said "Sure Papa. Let me grab my rifle." We don't usually venture into the woods without fire power. Come to think of it we don't usually go to town with out it either.
    We got the work done, shot a can or two because we didn't see any squirrels then started back home. As we were coming out of the woods, Josh's 7 year old sister, Haleigh, came wheeling by on her Uncle Flint's Golf cart. Josh asked if I thought the golf cart could outrun Fred?
    Then he started trying to talk up a drag race between the two. However Haleigh would not relinquesh control of the cart so we could line 'em up. I was able to go home with some pride left but I;m sure a race is on the horizon. Wish me luck. NT
    Neil Thornton

Sounds like a pretty good day.

I'm going to Moultrie on the 19th, then over to Jeff Davis County afterwards. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Can't wait to see what you and Josh have done to his Lark.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
      Sounds like a pretty good day.

I'm going to Moultrie on the 19th, then over to Jeff Davis County afterwards. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Can't wait to see what you and Josh have done to his Lark.
      I probably won't get to go to Moultrie this year. Will be working Fri. Club meeting in Americus Sat. and G-Ma has some kind of shindig planned for Sun.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
      X