Studebaker Lark Windscreen /Rear and year idetification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Lark Windscreen /Rear and year idetification

Hi All , My name is Rudy and i have aquired a 63 Lark . It has no motor or gearbox but all trim and cosmetics interior and exterior are there including a original set of hub caps . The model on the tag is 63V-Y6 .The front and rear windows are missing ,are these readily available ( can any SA members can help ) . I plan to to drop a Chev 308 ci and Trimatic Gearbox in . If i can find a Stud motor and Auto box and will use that as i like to keep my cars original

The glass is available, though not sure of availability in South Africa. There are some local chapters in SA -- you might try some of these people for used parts.

Skip Lackie

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rudy. The windshield (windscreen) on your Lark was used on all Lark models in 63. However, in 64 it was used only on wagons & convertibles & in the final years (65 & 66) used in wagons only.

The backglass was 63 only on (Y,F & J) 2&4 door sedans & 2 door hardtop modlels. Hope this helps you in your search.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and info , i have contacted the SA chapter and await a response . I am sure to ask more stupid questions which im sure you have had before .
        Regards
        Rudy

Comment

No stupiid questions here. Lotsa stupid answers, though.

To avoid asking a question that has been asked before and gain access to the wisdom of previous answers, you can try the search funtion. Also, there are links to a lot of data and advice on the SDC home page (link at top of this page).
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Welcome to the Forum: First V8! I'm Bearhawke over on the AMC Forum.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hi 1962larksedan, Thanks it was at your advice that i joined here ,good also to have a fellow AMCF member to discuss issues with . I read your thread about the Lark and was inspired by the fact that you could drop a Chev motor and box in , as the one i have has none of this . The Lark is already restored minus the motor and box .Does the 308ci motor have the same mounting spacing's as the 350ci. Ill also take Skip Lackie,s advice and do the search first as im sure its been discussed .
              Regards
              Rudy

Comment

Originally posted by First V8 View Post
                Hi 1962larksedan, Thanks it was at your advice that i joined here ,good also to have a fellow AMCF member to discuss issues with . I read your thread about the Lark and was inspired by the fact that you could drop a Chev motor and box in , as the one i have has none of this . The Lark is already restored minus the motor and box .Does the 308ci motor have the same mounting spacing's as the 350ci. Ill also take Skip Lackie,s advice and do the search first as im sure its been discussed .
                Regards
                Rudy
                The 253/308 V8 was not sold here in North America so I know very little about it. If it were me: def go with a 283-350 Chevy V8 if going with a non Stude motor.
                --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Bummer i already purchased 308 and Trimatic box . Ill get some measurements done and let you know or try swap for a 350 . Stud motor would be first price .

Comment

Company I work for used to source Studebaker windshields (and many other older model windshields) from South Africa made by Safevue. Not sure if they're still in business or not. It was good glass. They may have been bought out by another glass company. If you find the company you will be looking for an American NAGS number of W638. Good luck. Not much hope on the rear window. Those are not reproduced. Can always be purchased here used, and shipped. Does it rain there much?
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                    X