Studebakers and other Dream Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers and other Dream Cars

I have a friend, Marty Martino, who besides helping his son build this Hemi powered 53 Studebaker Starlight, is building from scratch three 50s Dream Cars.

One is the Lincoln Futura. He built this before some years ago and also did a Batmobile version, but he has built another one.

The Futura is sitting in Bruce Elder's shop in Staunton, Virginia

This is the Pontiac Club de' Mer

This is the Chrysler Norseman. The original car is still at the bottom of the ocean inside the Andrea Doria where it sunk on it's way from Italy to the U.S. in 1956. It never has been seen on U.S. shores.

Marty is going to Tulsa to see the unearthing of the famous 57 Plymoputh this weekend. He hopes to draw some attention of an interested party who will back his Norseman project, the other Chrysler product below grade!

He takes photographs and draws to scale and then builds a mold. He also makes scale models from scratch like this 1/25 scale 54 Land Cruiser he made.

Leonard Shepherd

Great work! I hope he has success with the Norseman project.
    There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested? There's also the guy from Gilbert, Arizona who buys lots of stuff at B-J in Scottsdale.

When I met George Barris, I got to sit in the original (metal) Batmobile. What a car (and a huge thrill for any one who grew up in the 60s)! I'd like to see the Futura version too.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Great work! I hope he has success with the Norseman project.
      There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested? There's also the guy from Gilbert, Arizona who buys lots of stuff at B-J in Scottsdale.

When I met George Barris, I got to sit in the original (metal) Batmobile. What a car (and a huge thrill for any one who grew up in the 60s)! I'd like to see the Futura version too.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested?
        Yes, his name is Bortz. He has a whole collection of dream cars. He and Marty know each other. Something may happen there.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested?
          Yes, his name is Bortz. He has a whole collection of dream cars. He and Marty know each other. Something may happen there.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

They all look great, but the '53 Stude has some very subtle and sexy mods - nice!!

Chris Pile
            The Studebaker Special
            Midway Chapter SDC
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

They all look great, but the '53 Stude has some very subtle and sexy mods - nice!!

Chris Pile
              The Studebaker Special
              Midway Chapter SDC
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
                    He did that model like certain models that were done in the 50s with painted trim and silver on the windows. That was done on purpose. But you are right, the bumper guards are wrong.

He did several other models the same way like this 42 DeSoto and Caddy . He also did the Mercury and trailer.

He can do deatiled work like this Packard Caribbean

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
                      He did that model like certain models that were done in the 50s with painted trim and silver on the windows. That was done on purpose. But you are right, the bumper guards are wrong.

He did several other models the same way like this 42 DeSoto and Caddy . He also did the Mercury and trailer.

He can do deatiled work like this Packard Caribbean

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?

Comment

Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?

Comment

quote: Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?
                            Yeah, that belongs to Reggie Nash. It's a real nice car.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote: Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?
                              Yeah, that belongs to Reggie Nash. It's a real nice car.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X