Frosty's first trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frosty's first trip

OcrappyOne and I drove Frosty (the Studebaker formally known as 'Rustobaker') down to the Lineville, Ala. swap meet today. About 140 miles round trip. His maiden voyage came off without incident. Had him in the car corral, Many lookers and admirers, but no takers. Everybody loved the big meats under the back (265-75R 15's on 8" wheels). 1/4" clearance between the spring and the tire and 1/4" clearance between the tire and the fender lip. It's tight but sure looks good.
    Going back tomorrow by myself, Deby has other plans (bridal shower). :-(
    I'll take my camera. Pictures tomorrow night, Stay tuned.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Superb, Jerry!
    Glad to see it out on the road....
    Sad to see you selling it....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Looking forward to photos of the finished product. Still like the Rustobaker name even though Frosty isn't. Speaking of Frosty, that's what it is up here in my city, think driving the Stude is done for this year as it snowed a bit on Friday and woke up to -14 C temp yesterday...too slippery and cold (didn't get the heater project finished again) to drive the Stude. Can you please include some finished interior shots of Frosty...?? Enjoy the drive home. Regards, Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
        Looking forward to photos of the finished product. Still like the Rustobaker name even though Frosty isn't. Speaking of Frosty, that's what it is up here in my city, think driving the Stude is done for this year as it snowed a bit on Friday and woke up to -14 C temp yesterday...too slippery and cold (didn't get the heater project finished again) to drive the Stude. Can you please include some finished interior shots of Frosty...?? Enjoy the drive home. Regards, Junior
        Good Morning Junior
        Got to love that Calgary weather. Here in the Okanagan we are getting ready for a nice fall day to take the M to the SDC meeting today.
        Just rubbing it in........but we did have a good laugh here at the shop on Friday when we heard the news as we sat out on the back lawn in the sun enjoying some nice cold Friday Afternoon Beverages!
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          OcrappyOne and I drove Frosty (the Studebaker formally known as 'Rustobaker') down to the Lineville, Ala. swap meet today. About 140 miles round trip. His maiden voyage came off without incident. Had him in the car corral, Many lookers and admirers, but no takers. Everybody loved the big meats under the back (265-75R 15's on 8" wheels). 1/4" clearance between the spring and the tire and 1/4" clearance between the tire and the fender lip. It's tight but sure looks good.
          Going back tomorrow by myself, Deby has other plans (bridal shower). :-(
          I'll take my camera. Pictures tomorrow night, Stay tuned.
          Hi Jerry
          Do you remember the back space on your rear wheels?
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
            Hi Jerry
            Brian
            Dont remember exactly, but I think it is 6 inches. You might could do a search of my previous posts and find it.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
              Hi Jerry
              Brian
              I have the rear wheels off right now for new axle bearings. The back space on the rear wheels is 6 inches.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Working...
              X