Mademoiselle Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mademoiselle Photos?

Does anybody have photos of the Lark Mademoiselle, Yachtsman, or Town Sedan. If not, what made them different from stock 1964 Studebakers? I plan to make paper models of these cars, and would like to know more about them. All I know is that the Mademoiselle was pink. Is there a way that anyone can send me the Turning Wheels article in a private message, or post it?
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

If it helps, I think the Turning Wheels you want is the February 2009 issue.

I believe the pink convertible still exists.

Comment

I may have offered this before, but these theme cars predate what AMC did a few years later. They took the '67 wagons and dressed some with three different names and decor themes. Here's a link to a page about them.

Back in the 80s - when I was collecting horn buttons, badges, scripts and the like - I came across a Mariner in a wrecking yard. I still have those rare nameplates.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I love the AMC regional wagons--I may make models of them too...especially the Mariner. I've never seen one in person.

Comment

Originally posted by texbodemer View Post
          Does anybody have photos of the Lark Mademoiselle, Yachtsman, or Town Sedan. If not, what made them different from stock 1964 Studebakers? I plan to make paper models of these cars, and would like to know more about them. All I know is that the Mademoiselle was pink. Is there a way that anyone can send me the Turning Wheels article in a private message, or post it?
          I covered this topic in my Feb '09 Alamanc article in Turning Wheels with color pictures.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Could you post some of the pictures, or email them to me?

Comment

Mademoiselle was essentially a factory built Daytona Convertible - 1964. The grille bars that are raised are polished, the rest of the grille was blacked out. The recessed areas around the headlights were also "blacked out". Wheels were Dayton Wires.

Yes, the car is still in existance - VERY rough. Some of the pink is still visible - picture Pepto-Bismol PINK and you will be very close..... I believe the car was Bordeaux Red (burgundy) when pulled from the assembly line and tweaked by Engineering.

Drew
              Last edited by drew72mgb; 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

The mention of AMC brings to mind that Bob Kapteyn, Joliet Studebaker, has one of two, 70's AMC built electric Station wagons. The second one is in Wisconsin some place.

Comment

And then there's the AMC Eagle...

Comment

Working...
                  X