Studebaker at Arizona Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker at Arizona Museum

Some friends of ours have just returned to Canada from a trip to Arizona. In Tucson they visited the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. Parked outside was a really neat white Lark V8 Station Wagon, complete with the Museum logo on its sides. My friends tell me this car appears to be a permanent fixture at the Museum. Are any members familiar with it and what might be the Studebaker connection?
    Stu Chapman

it's here somewhere...

I just did a search using "Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum" and found the following threads~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...earchid=604135

Other terms or an 'advanced search' might find even more!!!

This is one that jumped out at me~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...+Desert+Museum

Happy Trails
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It was at Glendale (2010 meet) for at least one day.

Been to the museum a number of times and it's always there and being used.
      Jim K.
      63 Hawk

Comment

I sold that wagon to the museum at least 10 years ago it was a nice wagon then and still is, they take good care of it and use it all the time, the last time I used it was to haul a load of gifts home from my sons wedding 10-11 years ago and maybe longer. they wanted and needed a good wagon and this one fit the bill 259 V-8 and 3 speed with overdrive and ran good, they were low on cash so they got it at a real good price, Chuck Collins was the go between on the deal, good people.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Here is another website (blog) that gives a little more detail about the Lark and the museum program that it is used in.

Tucson, Arizona is blessed with The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum , a spectacular private and nonprofit zoo, natural history museum and botan...

Comment

Working...
          X