Window Sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Sticker

In 1966 were the Candian built Studes requried by law to have window stickers ?, or for that matter what about the other Candian built cars ? I bring this up because of article that feaure 66 Studes in this months TW.
    Last edited by G T Joe; 10-29-2011, 03:58 AM.
    Joseph Kastellec

They were required if they were sold new in the USA. I don't know about non-USA sales.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I know that in 1968 my local Ford dealer did not leave the sticker on pre-ordered cars so the customer could see the "suggested" retail price. In fact the price quoted and the window sticker price were not always the same. I do not recall any cars in the showroom having a window sticker price displayed however the sticker price was on the car when it was delivered to the dealer. The reason I know this is I ordered a new car and saw it prior to pre inspection and delivery. The window sticker was on the car and it was a different price than quoted to me, when I took delivery of the car the window sticker was gone. Disappeared in the pre delivery.
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I think the first year that they were required by law in the US was 1955, but not sure I was just wodering if anyone from Canada knows if they now have a similar law on the Books.
        Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Originally posted by G T Joe View Post
          I think the first year that they were required by law in the US was 1955, but not sure I was just wodering if anyone from Canada knows if they now have a similar law on the Books.
          That would be way off, it was not until 1959.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by G T Joe View Post
            They weren't required in Canada in the 60s. Not sure if there is any law requiring them today but not all dealers leave them on.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
            X