Dennis Gage at the CAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Gage at the CAM

There will be a fundraiser at the California Auto Museum Friday night (Oct 28). Our Club President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Webmaster will be representing the Karel Staple Chapter at the event. I wasn't planning on attending so I asked our Vice Pres, Johna, to do a story for our newsletter. I suggested that she try to get a picture of Dennis with her 64 GT Hawk as Dennis used to (or still does) own one. I told her about the January 1998 cover of Turning Wheels so she called the museum director to see if she could make arrangements for a meet and greet afterwards.

The director, Karen, was excited to hear this as she was looking for a car for Dennis to drive in to make a grand entrance. Karen asked Johna if she wanted Dennis to use her car and the answer was obvious. Johna called me all excited about it so I have made arrangements to use my press pass and do a story myself.

I will post more info about it after the fact but I smell another Turning Wheels story here so you may have to wait for the full story. I'll be bringing my copy of the Jan 98 edition of Turning Wheels in hopes of getting it autographed.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

You might also bring a can of Pringles for him to autograph.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
      I know why. Any one else?
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

No clue on the reference
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          I know why. Any one else?
          He was a research scientist for Pringles but he has nothing to do with the charactor on the can (I did ask him and he swears there's no connection). His favorite line " I AM a research scientist but I don't play one on TV"

The dude has my dream job!!!
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

So the mustache is just a coincidence?
            Tom
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, the moustache is pure coincidence - strange but true. I'm going to go to the store and buy a can of pringles for tonight.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                Great idea.... How's this?

Studebaker really represented. He even ate at our table. We had a great time and I'm working on the story....
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                X