57 President, Diamond in the rough ? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 President, Diamond in the rough ? Part 2

I just got back from a second look at the wagon. I spent 10 minutes with some soapy water on some of the filthy interior and polished a bit of the gold on the rear of the drivers side front fender and the white on the roof corner. It still could stand a weekend of soap and water and a buffer. BTW, the speedo shows 55K miles.

JDP Maryland

Hi Jim,
    it looks like a good original car with a lot of potential

Rearguards
    Greg
    Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
    1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
    1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
    1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
    1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
    1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by go-studebaker View Post
      Hi Jim,
      it looks like a good original car with a lot of potential

Rearguards
      Greg
      Even a clock and period correct tissue dispenser and compass. Someone loved the car in its past. The spare is a 670x15 bias ply, but later issue I think.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Matt says "The check is in the mail" now I need to make it a driveway driver.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Looks like a nice car.

Comment

correct front seat pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	wagon 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1670923
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Anybody know where I can buy a brand new '57 Broadmoor??? I ain't even fussy about color or equipment - I just want a new one!
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wow. Look at that moisture on the headliner! That picture made me shudder. It would not take long at all to waste away stored like that. Glad it will b saved.
                sigpic
                '89 Ford Festiva
                '90 Ford F250 4x4
                '18 Kia Soul
                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                  Matt says "The check is in the mail" now I need to make it a driveway driver.

Clarification please? Do you mean driveway driver...or "Drive Away Driver?" If Matt wants to come pick it up...I might be willing to volunteer as the "chase vehicle" driver. I have been known to engage in adventurous Studebaker road trips.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post

Clarification please? Do you mean driveway driver...or "Drive Away Driver?" If Matt wants to come pick it up...I might be willing to volunteer as the "chase vehicle" driver. I have been known to engage in adventurous Studebaker road trips.
                    It's open ended, I need to see how much it needs to run other than a battery and gas, than look at the brakes. Matt wants to do as much as he can rather than pay me. Right now, the goal is simply to make it mobile enough to get on and off a trailer and maybe let the interior air out. I have a direct order to not do any buffing because Matt loves it so.
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

What JP said. I just drove to the post office and dropped the check in the mail.. Couldn't stand to wait. I'll pay to have the car flat-bedded to JP's house, and he'll get it running and hopefully get it stopping enough to go on and off a trailer. I'll have it shipped here and will go from there. I absolutely cannot wait to clean that interior and buff out that paint.

Comment

Welcome to the Broadmoor Club Matthew!! I have never seen the emblem on the tailgate before. There is usually one on each of the front fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                          Welcome to the Broadmoor Club Matthew!! I have never seen the emblem on the tailgate before. There is usually one on each of the front fenders.
                          The guy on the line was drunk that day and only found one in the parts bin, so he put it on the back rather than the fenders.
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

I can't think of anyone who deserves this car more than Matt! Looking foward to seeing it after he works his magic...

Russ Farris
                            1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
                            1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Has anyone ever seen another one of these in Tiara Gold?

Comment

Working...
                              X