Lark Tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Tire size

Greetings, question? I have a '63 Lark Daytona with factory wheels. How wide can I go on tires with these rims without issues?

Thanks

Newb Tom

Originally posted by Tom Biegler View Post
    Greetings, question? I have a '63 Lark Daytona with factory wheels. How wide can I go on tires with these rims without issues?

Thanks

Newb Tom
    P195/75R15 is safe and you should be able to go with P205/75R15 with no issues; anything wider is looking for trouble on those 4.5" wide rims.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

If you switch to a wider Ford rim, you could go with P215/70R15, but it gets real tight with the fender lips!

Comment

I have used P205-75R15 tires for all of my many Larks over the years - however the last time I bought some it is now difficult to get white walls in this size. I normally bought Dunlop, but now only available in blackwall. I instead bought a set of Kumho Solus KR-21 whitewalls - they look good and clear the fenders well on my '63 Cruiser. Since you are local, try Ken's Tire Service on SE Division near 83rd. Talk to Larry Coleman - he gives good prices to us Studebaker drivers.

Comment

Working...
        X