First Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Studebaker

Well...I've come over to the dark side. My first Stude arrives tomorrow!! A 1950 Champion 4dr deluxe! Now I know all you 2drs out there are saying....Booooo....but I think the suicides are pretty wicked. It is a project, but the car is pretty well complete. The engine and transmission are out of the car but will be with the car. The only big thing that is missing is the rear bumper. I have looked online but to no avail. Do any of you Studes out there have any leads or direction? I look forward to documenting my journey and be! Look forward to some pics. This will be a restoration as much as I can do. NO Chopping Allowed!! I live in Central Texas and I am excited to get involved with anyone thats willing to mentor a newb. I'm interested to know how many younger guys are interested in Studebakers. I am 28.

Eric

Go to the S.D.C. home page and look up local chapters. Find the one closest to you and help is at hand. Hope you enjoy that Stude as much as the rest of us do.

Comment

Congratulations on your new project! You'll find plenty of 4dr fans here, myself included. Between the local clubs, Turning Wheels and this Forum, you're sure to find everything you need to see it through. Cheers!
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Welcome Eric, I'm one of the younger guys interested in Studes, I'm 29
        Got my first Stude at the age of 16, it was a 61 lark cruiser
        Good luck with the restoration of your bullet nose, I look forward to seeing some photos

Michael
        Michael Pink
        Victoria, Australia

1955 Commander Coupe
        1961 Lark Cruiser
        1962 GT Hawk
        1963 Avanti R1

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
        http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Excellent, Eric; welcome aboard. A bullet-nose four-door is kinda cool because you'll have multiple opportunities to explain "suicide doors" to the unwashed masses at car shows and such. Enjoy! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome aboard too.... suicide doors are the best!

Comment

Eric,
              Contact Roy Valdez at 530-320-6299 in Camino, CA. He probably has a rear bumper and other parts for you as he specializes in '50 and '51 Studebakers. I have bought a number of really good parts from him.

Comment

Working...
              X