X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '41 Stude Milk truck $2200 in CA

I've never seen one of these!

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hey that thing is neat. I could totally see building a cool little mini motorhome or something out of it. That would make a great surf rig for mexico and stuff. Put some good running gear under it, a transfer case and 4wd axles and set it up with some fold up bunk beds and a kitchenette and you got a VERY cool camp rig for weekends in the desert dirtbiking, surfing in Mexico, hunting in the woods you name it. That would be a rig with style there.

Comment

It's not a milk truck, it's a Railway Express delivery truck.
      Gary Ash
      Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
      ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
      '48 M5
      '65 Wagonaire Commander
      '63 Wagonaire Standard
      web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

There's a "R" series up our way with a Divco body added on,looks neat.I'm sure Steve T. has a photo he can post.

Comment

If anyone wants a project - Look here

Pulled this out of a junk yard a few years ago to save it from being crushed. I thought I would maybe put it on an ambulance chassis. Never got around to it and here it sits I'm located in the Philadelphia area and if any one is interested, let me know. It may end up in the crusher as I am out of storage space.

follow this link
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Larry Y
          North Wales, PA

Comment

Here's the 2R milk truck Kevin mentioned. I have a number of photos of it, this one being from the Fall 2010 Waterdown show and swap; belongs to a metalsmith named Keith Sim, and as of the Rockton swap meet (successor to Waterdown) last month it too is for sale.

S.

Comment

Those wheels hint at more modern underpinnings. Do you know anything about what powers it?

A few years back, I took a bunch of stuff off of an 8E-40 refridgerated beast. Dimensionally, it was no bigger than the trucks featured in this thread, but it was amazing to see such a stubby little buggar riding 20" tires! And it wasn't some latter-day conversion either.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob(s)--

The Sim truck is based on a Hamilton-built '51 2R; engine is a '71 Chevy LT1 350ci V8, tranny is a TH350, front and rear running gear are GM 1-ton equipment. At Rockton, Keith was asking $18K for the truck.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  I am in total agreement with Gary- that is NOT a milk truck, but one of a number of similiar trucks built by REA prior to WWII.

Frank Drumheller
                  Locust Grove, VA
                  60S-W6
                  M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck
                  Last edited by studelark; 10-19-2011, 10:21 AM. Reason: Spacing

Comment

Whatever they were built for they are awsome I love those things. What a great truck for a bike builder shop, enclosed pick up and delivery truck and parts runner...nice.

I am not gonna be enclosed, but I am building a bit like that for a shop truck.

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                      Originally posted by studelark View Post
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      I am in total agreement with Gary- that is NOT a milk truck, but one of a number of similiar trucks built by REA prior to WWII.
                      OK, guys, I believe ya! I just went off what the seller said.

Still a cool truck, and well worth saving. Although, I would like a COE even better.
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Im with you Mr. Andrews...dont care what it was originally, but it is cool and I would love it....

Comment

Working...
                        X