Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1954 Conestoga Dlx.Cammander parts/info needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Conestoga Dlx.Cammander parts/info needed!

I just purchased a 54 studebaker 2 door conestoga wagon... this car was lightly hit in front grill area-fenders.. what body type is this car k-c, ect. as for looking for the right parts,ect.. Does any one have any parts or info on parts for this car??? Your help and advise is greatly appreciated! I do want to restore this wagon...
    jimmy jammz

The car is neither a C or a K. It's a 'D'. 'C' cars are pillared coupes and 'K' cars are 2-door hardtops. The wagon is a 'D' and is related to the sedan line of cars 'F' (2-door sedans) and 'W' (4-door sedans). None, or almost none of the parts interchange with a C or K. A vendor list is located off the 'home' page above. Welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The car is neither a C or a K. It's a 'D'. 'C' cars are pillared coupes and 'K' cars are 2-door hardtops. The wagon is a 'D' and is related to the sedan line of cars 'F' (2-door sedans) and 'W' (4-door sedans). None, or almost none of the parts interchange with a C or K. A vendor list is located off the 'home' page above. Welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

thank you for your help...

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Comment

thank you for your help...

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Comment

Was this the car on e-bay?

Comment

Comment

You are a lucky guy! This is a very desirable car, and the body parts you need will be much cheaper and easier to find than the C-K parts. Not only that, but the mechanical parts will interchange with many post-war studes. The interior parts and the station wagon only parts are the only ones that are hard to find, and even those are not that bad. Good luck with it!

Comment

You are a lucky guy! This is a very desirable car, and the body parts you need will be much cheaper and easier to find than the C-K parts. Not only that, but the mechanical parts will interchange with many post-war studes. The interior parts and the station wagon only parts are the only ones that are hard to find, and even those are not that bad. Good luck with it!

Comment

Yes it was! $999.00 buy it now auction.I thought it was a bargin but it cost me $1000.00 to get it shipped to Ohio.. Well you can say I paid $2,000.00 for it. I still think this was a good deal since you dont see them every day rust free.it did have a few surface rust spots[no rust holes], floors are like new. was this a good deal or not? I am not up on these cars as you can see. I just liked the looks of it, it will make a nice ride in the near future!

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Comment

Yes it was! $999.00 buy it now auction.I thought it was a bargin but it cost me $1000.00 to get it shipped to Ohio.. Well you can say I paid $2,000.00 for it. I still think this was a good deal since you dont see them every day rust free.it did have a few surface rust spots[no rust holes], floors are like new. was this a good deal or not? I am not up on these cars as you can see. I just liked the looks of it, it will make a nice ride in the near future!

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Comment

Jimmy, if the floors are solid, you got a steal. As mentioned parts are available. There is also a Conestoga Registry if you desire. I'd suggest getting a copy of the service and parts manuals (available from most vendors and also available together on a single CD-Rom) as most vendors list their parts by part number. It will make locating what you need far easier than not having one.

Being in Ohio puts you within driving distance of South Bend. The SDC is having their National Meet in a couple weeks. You might want to check it out if you have time .

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Jimmy, if the floors are solid, you got a steal. As mentioned parts are available. There is also a Conestoga Registry if you desire. I'd suggest getting a copy of the service and parts manuals (available from most vendors and also available together on a single CD-Rom) as most vendors list their parts by part number. It will make locating what you need far easier than not having one.

Being in Ohio puts you within driving distance of South Bend. The SDC is having their National Meet in a couple weeks. You might want to check it out if you have time .

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Thanks for the info, your making me feel better about my purchase.

Comment

Thanks for the info, your making me feel better about my purchase.

Comment

Working...
                              X