Stude visitors today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude visitors today

Had a long-time Stude buddy stop by today. He and his wife are relocating from So. Oregon to Surprize, AZ (near Phoenix). Anyway, Ken Pyle's been my engine builder of choice for some years now. While I CAN (and have) put together my own engines for years, it got to where I was doing so so infrequently that it was impractical. Besides, Ken's SO anal and so experienced with Stude engines, that I just started handing them off to him.
    Coupla years ago I'd accumulated the stuff to build another over-bored V8 and asked Ken to do the assembly. While it's been done for over a year, I've never gotten to Oregon and Ken never came this way. So with their relocating to AZ, it was only a slight detour to drop the engine by today. I don't know what the engine might end up in, but I hope to find money for enabled heads to go with it eventually.
    Ken was trailering his long-owned 61 Lark wagon (named Edgar) to reside in Aridzona as well. Edgar had JUST gotten new wheels and tires. Before the year is out he'll be all straightened out and wearing a fresh coat of Autumn Haze again. He's a cool-lookin' ride, Edgar is.
    Attached Files
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Neat pics Bob.

Just how 'bored out' is that engine????

BTW, it's really great to have you back posting!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

What are those pistons from?
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I like the 1961 DeLuxe V8. Besides wheels/tires, what modifications are there? I would paint it a different color, but that is personal choice.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

So ironic. I have a new car guy friend here that recently moved here from Washington state. His name is Ken Pyle. Ford guy.

Denny L
          Sun City, AZ

Comment

No mods to Edgar besides the wheels and tires. He's a V8 3spd OD editiion.

The pistons are decked AMC 304 std slugs. 3&3/4" dia. Stude rods with the little end opened up to be a press fit on the AMC pins.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Get 'em together, Denny. Then you can have a pyle of Ken friends.

Comment

Hey Bob, please say "hi" to Ken for me, and tell him Barney's running great!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Will do. He builds a great Stude V8. I know several (including Pete's 289) that run like Studebaker pocket watches. His talents will soon be available in the Phoenix area if anyone's interested. I'm hoping to get him back online here. He has posted as Studeken, but his computer died awhile back.

Comment

Nice to see you back posting here, Bob. You have been missed. I think that's the engine that I hauled up to Ken's place for you, isn't it?
                    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Seeing as how you dont have anything in particular to put that motor in, and Im sure you of course would not want it to go to waste, I will be willing to drive up to central Ca. to relieve you of the burden of storing that motor. I will even be happy to give you my potentially good or potentially shot 232 in swap just so you don't feel like you are down an engine in the yard.
                      Come on buddy ol pal ol chum....btw Im Kelly, nice to meet you NEW buddy ol pal ol chum...
                      A fella cane wish can't he...never hurts to ask

Comment

Send me a PM on how to get hold of Ken. I want to meet him when they get down here. I am only 7 miles from Surprise.

Denny L

Comment

Denny, I'll hook you up with Ken once they get moved. Kelly, your selflessness is heartwarming. Give me a couple years to think about it. OK?

Comment

Ha Ha Ha... Thats me, giving, generous, helpful... LOL

Keep us posted on what you end up putting it in.

Just a quick question- what size was the motor originally and what size is it now with the AMC 304 pistons in it?

Comment

Hey Bob! Great to have you back. Keep on posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X