Studebaker Truck Specifications Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Truck Specifications Book

How far back was the first Studebaker Truck Specifications Book published? Anyone ever seen a '50s version?

Way back when, at SASCO, I picked up a 1964 Studebaker Truck Specifications Book. It has a vinyl cover, sturdy ring binder and most every piece of data and measurement one could imagine on '64 Stude trucks. It seemed a major undertaking at a time when truck sales were basically gone.

The Lamberti Papers have shown commercial sales and fleet orders to be a continuing topic of discussion up into the last days. Since Studebaker received so few fleet truck orders for the T-cab and C-cab, the labor which it would have taken to put together bids and produce and distribute such a book in the pre-digital age would seem to exceed any profits garnered. My working hypothesis is since there were fixed overhead costs, they were looking for any order which would fill the otherwise empty but expensive days.

jack vines
    PackardV8

I have both a Ccab, and M series salesman's fact book(s) that have all the spec's, including how much rice, wheat, corn, etc. weigh.
    Lots of info, including high altitude spec's.
    Came in a little 6 ring binder that would fit in a coat pocket.
    I can dig it out of the stacks if you want....
    Jeff

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
    How far back was the first Studebaker Truck Specifications Book published? Anyone ever seen a '50s version?
    <snip>
    jack vines
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hi, Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

Do your books have publication or model year designations?

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Yes, they are the fake leatherette textured cover dealer salesmans spec books....

Hi, Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

Do your books have publication or model year designations?

jack vines
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Way back when, at SASCO, I picked up a 1964 Studebaker Truck Specifications Book. It has a vinyl cover, sturdy ring binder and most every piece of data and measurement one could imagine on '64 Stude trucks. It seemed a major undertaking at a time when truck sales were basically gone.
          I have seen that loose-leaf binder, and about the only models missing in it are the 8E28AX and 8E35AX Mobile Home Transporter specifications. I wonder if they have a seperate book of their own.

Craig

Comment

I have one that is dated Oct 15, 1954. It lists all the deminsions for 1/2 ton; 3/4 T; 1 T;1 1/2 T; 2 T;School bus Chassis; Engines; Chassis; Cab and body; Wieght distribution and gross wieght limitations; Price list (dated Dec 9, 1954) and extra equipment; 6 paint chips; 12 drawings of different trucks and beds. It also has pictures of each truck model
            It is a small six ring binder as discribed above by Deepnhock.
            It is a very cool book with lots of info.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
            X