1949 Studebaker Land Cruiser four door Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Studebaker Land Cruiser four door Sedan

I learned to drive in my father's Land Cruiser. He sold it in 1953. Does anyone currently own one, I would sure like to see one again. Oh, I live in the San Francisco/San Jose Bay area (that's California).
    If there is no one within a reasonable distance, pictures would be real nice.

I don't own one and I live on the other side of the continent, but here's a photo.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1949+Studebaker+Land+Cruiser

That is for outside of this website pics. Hope someone posts their personal car.
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Thr new bumpers made this the best of the 47-8-9 Land Cruisers. Dad came home one evening with a new black one. Had the Van-Aukin grill guards front & rear.

Comment

Thank you mbstude, it is rounder than I remembered. Memory plays tricks on you after 60 years. I remember it as being extremely comfortable, and very responsive, and I received a Hemmings Motor News with a post about an Avanti, and all of a sudden, I missed the old Studebaker. Sure would like to drive one one more time.

Comment

Beautiful car.

Comment

Dorcas,

You might try hanging around Carl & Herman Thoms at Studebakers West in Redwood City. They own, work on, and sell Studebaker parts.

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out.

Comment

There were two late-40s LCs hereabouts (Hamilton, Canada) recently...a '48 owned by an SDCer in Thorold (Niagara) which was sold to another gent in the Welland area, and a very interesting '49 powered by a 1990s Chevy 3.1-litre V6, owned by a fellow in Flamborough. I have pix of both on P'bucket somewhere...will hunt them up for you, stay tuned. (There's also a '50 LC up Collingwood way, but that's a bulletnose and looks quite different from the previous versions.)

S.

Comment

Here's the Chevy V6-engined '49 Land Cruiser, seen at a cruise a couple years ago...

Comment

And here's the '48. Both these cars were seen at the late lamented Mapleview cruise-ins in Burlington.

S.

Comment

All these beautiful pictures, thank you. Now I really have to see one again, and SIT in it.

Comment

Working...
                        X