Studebaker Stilletto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Stilletto

"It was based on a Stude chassis, some Stude interior parts, and 6 cylinder Stude Flathead." http://www.forgottenfiberglass.com/?p=563
    I fear no good can come of this.

That's an interesting car...the tall narrow grille would've made for a good Packard front end...I can imagine this as a '60 Packard Panther or some such, had Churchill prevailed more fully after the initial success of the Lark...wonder what the status of the "Stiletto" is now?

S.

Comment

I think that car has some basic beauty to it. I would like to see it updated with a Stude V-8, disc brakes etc. Or maybe just a Cathcart type Champion 6 would do. Since its demise would not be much of a loss to Studebaker folks, I don't see a downside to this "project," if it really is a project.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Interesting that the automotive historian mentioned at the bottom is named Hacker. The drawing has nice lines, but I am not sure that the existing car would build into that design without lots of adjustments.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I hope everyone watched the short video in the right hand corner. Adems Meteor.
          It was great! THANKS
          I love the pride in this mans face everytime he got close to this car.
          Oh for simpler times!
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Here is a new link to see a more current picture and yes, the owner is letting it decay outdoors - in Florida. Compare the newer picture in this link to the one linked to at the beginning of this thread. Some people should not be allowed to have certain cars.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Glass madness.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Cleaned up, that would be a real draw at car shows. Me Likeee!

Comment

Resurrecting this old thread because I saw a post on Facebook today. Looks like an interesting concept.

Comment

The lines have some really good aspects. The car in person looks a bit of a disappointment as the drawing looks a lot better. This deserves to be saved. Perhaps some subtle enhancing would make it even better.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

It has grown on me a bit. If it can't be saved, it should be recreated, but with improvements.
                      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That is totally a '50 Champion Dash, could be what they started with, but they should keep their Day Job!
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

somebody resurrecting it?

Comment

Working...
                          X