Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, You and your Rambler made the paper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, You and your Rambler made the paper!

We had our big criuse night on the 24th and of course was out in the Studey. Had a bunch of folks taking pictures of it and it was a fun night. Well as much fun as one can have in a bumper to bumper 4 hour traffic jam.

Anyway went into the parts store yesterday and a buddy of mine says "Dude, you and that Rambler made the paper! Only 4 cars in the article and your one of em."

I'm pretty happy about although the Rambler remark was somewhat insulting LOL.
    http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

I get 'Rambler' comments about my 1962 Lark as well. Although in all fairness: a same era Rambler Classic does look a bit like our cars, especially in the back.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

At our PEI Summer Picnic and Tour, we had one member turn up with his just finished red 65 Rambler American convertible. Of course, the Club's 1963 Lark 6 red convertible was also present, so we actually could point out a "real" Rambler <ggg>.

It was a 65 convertible and it had the 196 flathead 6 engine! I never knew before then that the flathead was STILL available that late for a rather fancy looking (for an American) AMC car, let alone a convertible!

Comment

Great that you got in the paper. Yep, that Rambler comment gets old after a while doesn't it? I had my '59 Lark Hardtop, my '65 Cruiser and my Champ (yes the pickup) identified as Ramblers. Of course I guess that gives us a chance to gently (I hope) educated the unknowing public.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There is a guy around here that buys cars at the public auction then tries to sell them to the local folks. He once came to me with a 63 Rambler. He said "I bought this just for you 'cause I knew you liked Studebakers." ?????
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Some parking functionary called my Lark a Ford Falcon dispite the obvious Studebaker across the decklid.

Jeff T.
            \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
            The Replacements.

Comment

I have already {in 3 weeks of ownership and still not even on the road yet...in my back yard} gotten 2 "is that a '50 chevy truck?"
              It is easier to see why they ask since I dont have the trademark looking Stude bed...but still. :\

Comment

I ran into a guy with a very nice '62 Cortina at a local show. After chatting a bit, I mentioned how similar the Cortina looked to a same-year Rambler American.

Dude came unglued. It was pitiful.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Had a guy at a show a couple weeks ago call my Hawk a Ford Studebaker. Geesh. And why does the general public think that if a car has tailfins, it has to be a '57?

Comment

I wonder if the Rambler guys and gals get their cars called Studebakers?
                    Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

it would only be fair if they do. I wonder if they feel better about it when it happens though.
                      http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ha Ha Ha that would be a compliment on them wouldnt it!
                        Tom
                        sigpic

Comment

I have heard the Rambler comments several times myself. I have also been asked, upon telling someone that I have a Studebaker, who made those? Some (most) people are completely clueless
                          Travis..

Comment

It's the '60-'62 Valiant owners that cringe when their cars are called "Larks".
                            Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                            61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                            Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                            Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
                              It's the '60-'62 Valiant owners that cringe when their cars are called "Larks".
                              Well, they look almost alike...

NOT!!

Well... maybe, just maybe, the grilles are not completely... (I say this just to upset the grammar police)... unalike.
                              Last edited by Studedude; 10-01-2011, 05:06 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X