'54 Commander Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '54 Commander Seats

Trying to reinstall seats in the '54. I was not present when they were removed and now am not certain I have all mounting pieces. Does the front seat carriage/base bolt directly to the floor or are there spacers/platform pieces? Would anyone have pics of the assembly itself, so I would know what I might be missing?
    I appreciate your help.
    Thanks

Your option, I put 1 5 1/6" blocks under all four of my seat corners, ('53), I'd expect the '54s can be similarly adjusted.

Comment

Phoenix (the Studebaker formally known as Rustobaker) has 1/8" plates under the four outboard seat mounts.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It appears that I am missing the rear seat center armrest unit. I have the seat back and the two seat lower sections, but no console/center arm rest. I will put a post on the swap site, but if anyone knows of one please let me know.
        QUOTE=Bob54;580263]Trying to reinstall seats in the '54. I was not present when they were removed and now am not certain I have all mounting pieces. Does the front seat carriage/base bolt directly to the floor or are there spacers/platform pieces? Would anyone have pics of the assembly itself, so I would know what I might be missing?
        I appreciate your help.
        Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

On my '54 Champion Starliner the front seat base bolted directly to the floor. I put my own spacers in to raise the seat some. Made a big difference in the comfort of the seating position.

Comment

Working...
          X