Studebaker parts and service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker parts and service?

So I was online bing searching for studebaker parts and a shop called Studebaker parts and service on 14th st in Long Beach comes up. I am down near there all of the time, inlaws live off of the 710 fwy near the 405 so I need to check this place out.
    Anyone on here run that shop? Anyone ever use that shop? are they a good source for stuff?

That would be Bill Oliver. Probably one of the best there is.

Swing by my place on your way, you can drop off this bundle of restored stainless trim I have for him.

Comment

As Matt said, that is Bill Oliver. When I lived in SoCal I purchased some parts from him. Almost always had what I was looking for.
      BTW, I'm guessing that Lake Smellsomemore is Lake Elsinore?
      I have pix of the lake when it was dried up from many years ago.
      George King
      Grants Pass, Oregon
      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Great shop and great guy. He used to have lots of parts cars and buildings filled with parts but he's consolidated quite a bit, but he still has a lot of stuff. The shop is worth a visit just to see the customer cars that are in it - you won't be disappointed!
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

There is another Studebaker Shop here is SoCal. It is Orange County Studebaker. Jason Thomas is the owner. He has a web site at www.studebakershop.com I have been using him for several years..very knowledgable...excellent!

Mark

Comment

Thanks for info folks, I will stop by next time I go see the inlaws...great reason to leave the inlaes house and get away for a bit...hehehe.
            MBstude....swing by Georgia?...Will this bundle fit on my BMW motorcycle? Then you may get me to have a reason to ride to Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Orestudeguy View Post
              As Matt said, that is Bill Oliver. When I lived in SoCal I purchased some parts from him. Almost always had what I was looking for.
              BTW, I'm guessing that Lake Smellsomemore is Lake Elsinore?
              I have pix of the lake when it was dried up from many years ago.
              Yes it is Lake Elsinore...and in reality it rarely if ever stinks anymore. They put in a levy so it doesn't flood or dry up anymore. I lived here when it was quite low, but not all dry, but I also live here in the early 90's when we had a massive flood year, 32" of rain in about a month {i know that is nothing compare to some areas but in so cal we normally get 16" per year soooo yikes} The lake was up over all of the streets surrounding the lake and houses were under water. I live down not too far from the water and we had to drive thru a foot of water at 3 points to get out of our area for 2 weeks. It was bad.

Comment

Bill and Jason have both done work for me when I was in a pinch

you can't go wrong with either one if you so choose...
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...