PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker parts and service?

kmac530
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
So I was online bing searching for studebaker parts and a shop called Studebaker parts and service on 14th st in Long Beach comes up. I am down near there all of the time, inlaws live off of the 710 fwy near the 405 so I need to check this place out.
Anyone on here run that shop? Anyone ever use that shop? are they a good source for stuff?

mbstude
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
That would be Bill Oliver. Probably one of the best there is.

Swing by my place on your way, you can drop off this bundle of restored stainless trim I have for him. :rolleyes:

Orestudeguy
09-27-2011, 11:36 AM
As Matt said, that is Bill Oliver. When I lived in SoCal I purchased some parts from him. Almost always had what I was looking for.
BTW, I'm guessing that Lake Smellsomemore is Lake Elsinore?
I have pix of the lake when it was dried up from many years ago.

scott.rodgers
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Great shop and great guy. He used to have lots of parts cars and buildings filled with parts but he's consolidated quite a bit, but he still has a lot of stuff. The shop is worth a visit just to see the customer cars that are in it - you won't be disappointed!

Bullet
09-27-2011, 04:48 PM
There is another Studebaker Shop here is SoCal. It is Orange County Studebaker. Jason Thomas is the owner. He has a web site at www.studebakershop.com I have been using him for several years..very knowledgable...excellent!

Mark

kmac530
09-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for info folks, I will stop by next time I go see the inlaws...great reason to leave the inlaes house and get away for a bit...hehehe.
MBstude....swing by Georgia?...Will this bundle fit on my BMW motorcycle? Then you may get me to have a reason to ride to Georgia.

kmac530
09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
As Matt said, that is Bill Oliver. When I lived in SoCal I purchased some parts from him. Almost always had what I was looking for.
BTW, I'm guessing that Lake Smellsomemore is Lake Elsinore?
I have pix of the lake when it was dried up from many years ago.

Yes it is Lake Elsinore...and in reality it rarely if ever stinks anymore. They put in a levy so it doesn't flood or dry up anymore. I lived here when it was quite low, but not all dry, but I also live here in the early 90's when we had a massive flood year, 32" of rain in about a month {i know that is nothing compare to some areas but in so cal we normally get 16" per year soooo yikes} The lake was up over all of the streets surrounding the lake and houses were under water. I live down not too far from the water and we had to drive thru a foot of water at 3 points to get out of our area for 2 weeks. It was bad.

StudeDave57
09-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Bill and Jason have both done work for me when I was in a pinch

you can't go wrong with either one if you so choose...