Ted Harbit featured in new Muncie Dragway Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Harbit featured in new Muncie Dragway Book

Our own Ted Harbit is featured several places in the new Muncie Dragway Golden 50th Anniversary History Book:

'Just received my fresh copy in this morning's mail and what a terrific book it is: 8 1/2 X 11, full color on glossy paper throughout, 98 pages, softbound.

As you see, The Chicken Hawk is one of five photos on the front cover, and it appears at least six times within the book, in addition to the cover shot. Further, it and Ted's tragic May 9, 2009 accident that destroyed the car are given a full page. The concluding text on that page says,

"Many racers have tried to run down the [Chicken] Hawk, but few got the job done. A piece of drag racing history was lost that day." AMEN to that....and thank goodness the report only says a piece of drag racing history and not a person of drag racing history! GULP.

Many of you know Ted practices with The Stude Tomato at Muncie, and a nice picture of Ted & The Tomato launching is in the book among the hundreds of contemporary photos, all in bright color on high-quality glossy paper.

This is really a great book. Even if you are not from the area, most enthusiasts can appreciate a drag strip still operating 50 years after it opened in the heart of the "automotive industrial" midwest that included factories in Anderson, Muncie, Marion, and Elwood, Indiana.

And the book is a bargain: Copies are available for only $15 postpaid! Checks should be made out to Golden 50 Promotion and orders sent to:

Golden 50 Promotion
    2800 W. CR 1200 N.
    Muncie IN 47303-9617

I might add that seller / promoter Mike Chalfant fills orders promptly. I dropped my check in the mail Thursday, September 22...and my copy of the book was in my morning mail Tuesday, September 27th! That's a five-day turnaround including a Sunday, and the book was sent Media Mail. You can't top that for speed, and it's a great book.

(Thanks, Mike; a great job.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.
Working...
X