Surge Tank Eliminator Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge Tank Eliminator Hose

Where can I buy the short hose that connects the surge tank eliminator to the water outlet thermostat housing on an Avanti? One end is 1 1/2" and the other end is 1 3/4".
    Allen

Originally posted by satdoc2 View Post
    Where can I buy the short hose that connects the surge tank eliminator to the water outlet thermostat housing on an Avanti? One end is 1 1/2" and the other end is 1 3/4".
    Allen
    Allen

I can't speak to the exact hose but any decent auto store has a rubber reducer that fit in an 1 3/4" and reduces it to 1 1/2". That could let you use a straight piece of 1 3/4" if you can't find an exact fit.

Bob

Comment

DIY Avanti surge tank eliminator: $145 for S-I seems rich, has anyone crafted their own?
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
        DIY Avanti surge tank eliminator: $145 for S-I seems rich, has anyone crafted their own?
        In-line adapter from Summit $25, a radiator hose from your local FLAPS with the proper bends that can be cut to the proper length and a $9 recovery tank from the same source.

Free Shipping - Howe Inline Filler Necks with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Radiator Hose Fillers at Summit Racing.

It might look something like this.

Best shot I've got unless I go take a better one later

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161210_120416631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1717137

Bob

Comment

That looks easy enough, I didn't think of checking Summit first!
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
            That looks easy enough, I didn't think of checking Summit first!
            Actually Ebay will have about the same thing with free shipping, I just used the Summit one as an example.

Ron, as an aside, If you plan to bring that Avanti back to life at reasonable cost, Google becomes your friend. I just found a complete Avanti passenger side vent assembly with Like-new chrome and rubber for well under $200 shipped. It's setting next to me now.

No problem with asking but sometimes the good deals are gone if you wait for posts here and the Avanti site.

IAC, Avanti - Bob

Comment

I've been following fleaBay, but not googled for parts. I'm still sorting out what it needs and what I want it to be. I gotta take care of needs first, but still searching wants. BTW, I'm not yet sure if my surge tank is leaking or if it is the t'stat gasket. Just planning out what to do if it is the tank.

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
              Actually Ebay will have about the same thing with free shipping, I just used the Summit one as an example.

Ron, as an aside, If you plan to bring that Avanti back to life at reasonable cost, Google becomes your friend. I just found a complete Avanti passenger side vent assembly with Like-new chrome and rubber for well under $200 shipped. It's setting next to me now.

No problem with asking but sometimes the good deals are gone if you wait for posts here and the Avanti site.

IAC, Avanti - Bob
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
              X