Coil wire screws on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil wire screws on

Co8il wire screws onto the coil on our 1940 Commander. Where can we find a replacement or do we have to change the coil?
    sigpic

Is your coil one of the "armoured ones" or has it been replaced?
    Bob Kaplyn in Joliet, or Tom K with the big blue shool bus would be good places to begin.

Comment

Also, I've been intending to remind you not to overlook the water pump as you wake this thing up. It should have a grease (white lithium is good) cup, as well as a zerk for regular chassis grease, and a gland nut to tighten the packing.
      If it would help in the short term, you are welcome to borrow my parts books, '41 shop manual, and/or prewar Motors Manual.
      Finally, I have a spare Dave Theibault fuel pump rebuild kit on my shelf.

Comment

Another resource I've turned to for pre-war electrical parts:

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
          Also, I've been intending to remind you not to overlook the water pump as you wake this thing up. It should have a grease (white lithium is good) cup, as well as a zerk for regular chassis grease, and a gland nut to tighten the packing.
          If it would help in the short term, you are welcome to borrow my parts books, '41 shop manual, and/or prewar Motors Manual.
          Finally, I have a spare Dave Theibault fuel pump rebuild kit on my shelf.
          The water pump feels a little wobbly. It’s going to need more than grease. We are ordering the manuals but I may PM you to look something up for me. And on that fuel pump kit you already have a PM. Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, they look like they might be useful.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X