PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 28 President

28eight
09-25-2011, 06:17 AM
In Mass, I am selling my 1928 Studebaker President Model FA. No rust, as car is from California. No paint either, except for what is left of the original paint. Solid as a Studebaker should be. Runs, drives and stops. The beautiful straight 8 has been rebuilt. rechromed exterior pieces 10 years ago. This is my second antique, and my wife bought a 62 buick and claimed her 1/2 of the garage. I can't sell my truck, so the Stude got cut from the lineup. 5 great tires. New wood frame in roof, new roof, all glass solid no cracks . all 6 windows roll up and down as they should. New correct wiring harness. I drive it illegally all the time!, and have fun doing it. Fenders need a little knocking, but not bad at all. I want someone to be able to finish the car and still be able to make money if they like, so the car is fairly priced at $11,000. I will not be accepting lower offers. I have obtained free storage, so I can store it If I have to. I will email pics to you when you ask, some pics are on the antique Stude forum on the aaca site. maudslay33@verizon.net is my email. 978-335-8739 is my cell, serious inquiries please.
Thanks, hope you like. David

garyash
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I went to meet David and saw this car. I wish I had room in the garage and spare cash for it, but I've got too many projects already. With attention to some minor details, it would make a great original driver. The engine, wood spoke wheels, and running gear have already been rebuilt. Yes, the exterior paint is cooked, but it just adds to the character of this car. If you insisted on "restoring" this car, it wouldn't take much.

BobPalma
09-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Wow, what a nice survivor. How silly to entertain restoring such a car! Get it operable and enjoy preserving it! Such cars are so few and far between. BP

28eight
10-01-2011, 06:43 AM
The President has been Sold! Heading back to the west coast.