Buying another Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying another Stude

Having been without a driver Studebaker for a while now, I've been actively looking for the right car. After checking out that '59 wagon on the other side of Atlanta, it brought back the urge of me wanting to find a longroof for the stainless business, preferably a pre-Lark model that is solid and rust free. Bob Andrews just happened to email me after I looked at that 59 and I remembered that Bob has a '57 Provincial that's in pretty decent shape. I asked him about the details, liked what I saw, made an offer, and the car will be heading to Georgia fairly soon.

Anyways. Here's the new Starlight Stainless Trim Moulding Delivery Wagon. It'll need some work. But Bob's going to get it running and stopping and everything else it needs is well within what I'm capable of doing. Looking forward to it all.

Well, it wasn't quite that simple. Being that Momma likes it I wanted to discuss it with her. What made the deal happen was who was buying it- Linda likes that it will be used and loved by one of the Club's key ambassadors. We're happy it's going to you, Matthew.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I gotta say the color combo works for me, and it's really cool that it's going to be used as the shop wagon for a Stude-related business. Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Congratulations, Matthew.
        From personal experience, once you've had a wagon, you never want to be without one.
        Great choice, too - the trim kicks up on the rear flanks just right for your sponsor, er, business name.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Congrats to you Matt.... Car looks great!

Comment

Looking good, Matthew. 'Hard to beat a '57 for an all-around nice mid-fifties Stude. Congrats. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Happy to see you with a new (old) vehicle, also nice article in TW just read it yesterday, Canadian delivery is a bit late.
              sigpic
              55 President Deluxe
              64 Commander
              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Lots of luck and happy driving, Matt!!!
                1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

excellent choice for your business!!!
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Dual Master Cylinder !! Peace of mind.
                    Bill H
                    Daytona Beach
                    SDC member since 1970
                    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
                      Dual Master Cylinder !! Peace of mind.
                      Absolutely!

Comment

Cool car. When you get tired of driving an old station wagon, call me. I want it!!!
                        Jamie McLeod
                        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                        1958 Commander "Christine"
                        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                        1955 Commander Sedan
                        1964 Champ
                        1960 Lark

Comment

Nice car! I have my fingers crossed on getting a bunch of work done on the 40... not having the time to work as much as I want to is really killing me! I can only hope to get mine looking like yours (translation: driveable), someday...

Comment

Way to go Mathew
                            48 starlite Commander

32 Austin 7

Comment

Mailed Bob a deposit today. Guess I really am getting another Stude.

I've wanted a Wagon since I was 9 years old and saw a '55 Conestoga with a big block Caddie for sale at a swap meet. I'm excited.
                              Last edited by mbstude; 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X