Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Coupester

Check this out.
    Don't know if it's been posted before, but it sure is wild.

A Chopped, Narrowed, Shortened, and all around hacked up Studebaker driving down the street.

Very cool!!

Comment

Neat machine...
      Talked about here in 2008....but worthy of a second look!

Originally posted by johnod View Post
      Check this out.
      Don't know if it's been posted before, but it sure is wild.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OrdrE8bPpU
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Neat machine...
        Talked about here in 2008....but worthy of a second look!

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=Coupster
        Thanks for the link. I had wanted to see more , but was unable to find .

Comment

Since all that stuff was posted, the owner cut off the top, changed the headlights to Porsche units set on an angle (so it looks cross-eyed), and painted it metallic lime green. It's no longer cool at all...
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

and dont forget the fake shotgun style scoop he added. I was really disappointed at the changes as it was such a good lookin ride before.
            http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
              Since all that stuff was posted, the owner cut off the top, changed the headlights to Porsche units set on an angle (so it looks cross-eyed), and painted it metallic lime green. It's no longer cool at all...
              photos of said changes or link please....hard to imagine the original builder would have made the noted changes...were the changes made by a new owner? Thanks, Junior.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I'll see what I can do for pix, Junior - but I'm not wrong, and it's the original builder of the rod.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I didn't realize this was the same car. I liked the coupe version better. I wish I had the talent to build one with a Stude V-8.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Black or green or topless or whatever, I love it.

I read on the HAMB where the reason the top was removed was because his son is driving it to school and he needed to be able to see out of it. Good reason to me.

Comment

Just thinkin' about that car the other day, wondering what became of it. It's cool. It's cool. It's cool.

What must that be like---a kid driving that thing to high school? All I had was a worn out 10 speed bike.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I love that car! Prefered it as a coupe though.
                        Hard car to find pictures of.
                        Would love to see pictures taken during the original build.
                        I would love to build one for somebody. Wish it were me, but wife says I already have too many cars and too many projecrts lined up in the barn.
                        My bucket list is too long. Guess I need to look into a bigger bucket.
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        And Thanks for posting that video.
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

No doubt either version is impressive, however, my vote is hands-down for the coupe version. IMHO, something has been lost in the translation to roadster. What impressed me so much about the original coupe version was that the builder had the vision to build it in the first place..whoda thunk to ever cut, narrow, and chop a bullet-nose into a fenderless hot rod??? I thought the original version was outstanding ...regardless, the builder is indeed a metal wizard. Junior.
                          Last edited by junior; 09-17-2011, 04:34 AM.
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                            Hard car to find pictures of.
                            Would love to see pictures taken during the original build.
                            Brian, here it is in the nude. Regards, Junior
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

My first thought was that it must have been the inspiration for the Plymouth "Prowler".

Comment

Working...
                              X