Stude V8 Engine Number Decode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Stude V8 Engine Number Decode

I found a Stude V8 engine for sale. The number stamped on the engine pad at the front of the engine is V 408615. I'm new to Stude engines, and when I looked at the list of engine numbers here on SDC it looks to me like it's a 259. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to make a mistake on this. Thanks.
    1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
    1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
    Robert Rausch

You are correct.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks! I'll probably buy it and help my buddy put it in his '49 Stude 3/4 ton truck that we are restoring.
      1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
      Robert Rausch

Comment

Robert: Please check your PMs. I may need a photo of your 210 convertible. Thanks. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, I'm at the public Library, and have had no luck getting access to my PM's. It's something with this library's computer system. I can't get into the PM's although I can get into the forums. Please email me at rjr444 at earthlink dot net.
          Robert Rausch

Comment

OK, Robert; will do. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X