Any Tractor Fans going to South Bend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Tractor Fans going to South Bend?

Someone once said "the only difference between men and boys is the size and price of their toys." [}] I'd probably add the quantity of them as well, judging from this sale bill. [:0]

Here's hoping we don't lose too many of The Studebaker Truck Farmers to this auction only 14 miles from South Bend toward the end of National Meet Week! [:0] E-GAD, what a bunch of iron:

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob,

THANKS for letting the cat out of the bag. Having collected tractors for years [mostly Olivers (South Bend connection) and Cockshutts] I have been to a number of Aumann sales and am on their mailing list. Dick Steinkamp and I are planning to take a trip over so we can take a look. 452 tractors at this sale makes me look like an incidental collector.

Gary

Comment

Bob,

THANKS for letting the cat out of the bag. Having collected tractors for years [mostly Olivers (South Bend connection) and Cockshutts] I have been to a number of Aumann sales and am on their mailing list. Dick Steinkamp and I are planning to take a trip over so we can take a look. 452 tractors at this sale makes me look like an incidental collector.

Gary

Comment

I'm not a tractor collector by any means, but I've always like the Ford 8N tractors. Hoping to buy some property towards the end of the year. If so, I'll probably try to locate an 8N for the yard work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I'm not a tractor collector by any means, but I've always like the Ford 8N tractors. Hoping to buy some property towards the end of the year. If so, I'll probably try to locate an 8N for the yard work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Someone once said "the only difference between men and boys is the size and price of their toys." [}] I'd probably add the quantity of them as well, judging from this sale bill. [:0]

BP
            I see there's ONE car out of all those tractors; and its a PACKARD to boot![] I bet I know where Bob is going to stop on his way home from South Bend!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

BP
              I see there's ONE car out of all those tractors; and its a PACKARD to boot![] I bet I know where Bob is going to stop on his way home from South Bend!

Craig

Comment

Craig,

Now you are letting out the secrets! [xx(] They claim it is a low mile example too.

Gary

Comment

Craig,

Now you are letting out the secrets! [xx(] They claim it is a low mile example too.

Gary

Comment

Craig
                    [/quote]

'Won't be able to, Craig. Friday evening, after the Osceola "Stude" drags, we'll be driving with The Stude Tomato on my trailer, to Martin MI for the "Martin" Pure Stock/F.A.S.T. Muscle Car Drags Saturday, June 23rd. [][8D]

WAAAAYYYY too many things going on that week! [V]

BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Craig
                      [/quote]

'Won't be able to, Craig. Friday evening, after the Osceola "Stude" drags, we'll be driving with The Stude Tomato on my trailer, to Martin MI for the "Martin" Pure Stock/F.A.S.T. Muscle Car Drags Saturday, June 23rd. [][8D]

WAAAAYYYY too many things going on that week! [V]

BP

Comment

Bob,

Kurt will let you submit a proxy bid. I ended up with one of my Studebaker buggies that way from a sale they did in western Kansas. Was on my way to the NASCAR races in Richmond when I got a call I was the winning bidder.

Gary

Comment

Bob,

Kurt will let you submit a proxy bid. I ended up with one of my Studebaker buggies that way from a sale they did in western Kansas. Was on my way to the NASCAR races in Richmond when I got a call I was the winning bidder.

Gary

Comment

I've never said it here, but I too have a fondness for old tractors[8D] Love the old JDs, and my deceased neighbor has a 57 8N with factory power steering [] that he bought new and kept great care of... I'm currently trying to talk his family out of it....

Fell in love with the old Minneapolis Molines too- like a tractor with a 30s car nose!

Our State Fair has a great buggy museum, plus a big area with highly restored tractors and hit-and-miss engines on display every year; same with our county fair!

Sometimes I forget that when folks from other parts of the country hear I'm from NY, they tend to picture NY city; when the reality is I'm an ol' country boy through and through! (That's exactly what happened talking on the phone to StudeRich the other day![:I]).

So- for those who picture this NY guy as being from the city, you're WAY off! I can hold my own intellectually with any hotshot city dweller out there, but can always creep 'em out by recounting my childhood of raising- and butchering- pigs And I still live in a very rural area, on the property where I grew up[^]

So, yeah- while I don't envision making this auction, I sure would love to....[][8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I've never said it here, but I too have a fondness for old tractors[8D] Love the old JDs, and my deceased neighbor has a 57 8N with factory power steering [] that he bought new and kept great care of... I'm currently trying to talk his family out of it....

Fell in love with the old Minneapolis Molines too- like a tractor with a 30s car nose!

Our State Fair has a great buggy museum, plus a big area with highly restored tractors and hit-and-miss engines on display every year; same with our county fair!

Sometimes I forget that when folks from other parts of the country hear I'm from NY, they tend to picture NY city; when the reality is I'm an ol' country boy through and through! (That's exactly what happened talking on the phone to StudeRich the other day![:I]).

So- for those who picture this NY guy as being from the city, you're WAY off! I can hold my own intellectually with any hotshot city dweller out there, but can always creep 'em out by recounting my childhood of raising- and butchering- pigs And I still live in a very rural area, on the property where I grew up[^]

So, yeah- while I don't envision making this auction, I sure would love to....[][8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X