Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastbound & Down: No need for this to be private.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastbound & Down: No need for this to be private.

9/10/2011: Cousin George Krem just finished final preparation and detailing The Plain Brown Wrapper's R3 for The 2011 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race.

He snapped this photo of the R3's engine bay just before buttoning it up for the trip east and sent it along this morning. 'No need for this to be a PM; 'lookin' good:

As I replied to him, who could have possibly imagined all this in July 1964, over 47 years ago, when he and I were in the dusty, fenced, gravel storage lot behind Studebaker of Indianapolis, perusing more than 1% (that would be three, by actual count) of the 274 64V-F2s produced, forlornly cooking in the hot midwest summer sun some eight-odd months after being "born," waiting to be adopted?

Not me.

George and "The Colorado Contingent" (He, Butch Lundstedt, and Steve Doerschlag) are leaving central Colorado Sunday or Monday to return with the same 1964 F-Bodied Studebakers they brought to the event last year.

Eastbound and Down: Make way on I-80 for this rig:

(Yes, The Stude Tomato will also be arriving via the same "private" conveyance shown above.)

See y'all soon! BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-10-2011, 01:54 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I will miss it this year. Sold the Orange Diesel and will be delivering it to Newport News Va. that weekend. Have fun. Jim

Comment

kick their ass bud give em hell

Comment

I LOVE that picture: can someone say time warp here? I reminds me of a new car delivery back in the day.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Sweet picture with the three '64 F bodies, BP........do you have a higher resolution version that you can email me?
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
            Sweet picture with the three '64 F bodies, BP........do you have a higher resolution version that you can email me?
            Paul, that is essentially the same picture that was on the cover of the January 2011 Turning Wheels, just taken from a different angle (one of several positions I shot that day).

Do you need something else? 'Glad to help; just wondered what you needed other than the big cover of the January Turning Wheels. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, great photos, great topic - and great song!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X