Transmission seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission seminar

This is a good idea. Not only will people gain mechanical knowledge, they will almost certainly have an enjoyable time. Good clubs do this sort of thing.
    Medical reasons keep me from South Bend this year but I would really like to see some sort of writeup on this event for Turning Wheels. Sure we publish photos of winning cars but I also like to see the "people" side of the meet.
    Would any of you be willing to write up a short "experience" at this seminar? It does not need much technical content since the experience is what I want to focus on. Maybe a photo or two.
    Don't everyone yell at once.

Art Unger - editor TW

Art, I'm going to be at the seminar, and can take human interest notes. I agree that spontaneous events like this will add interest to the meet and encourage others to do similar events.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Art, I'm going to be at the seminar, and can take human interest notes. I agree that spontaneous events like this will add interest to the meet and encourage others to do similar events.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
      53 Starliner Hardtop
      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I volunteer!

Art, YOU'RE not gonna be there??? Bummer! Hope whatever it is that afflicts you goes away.[V]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I volunteer!

Art, YOU'RE not gonna be there??? Bummer! Hope whatever it is that afflicts you goes away.[V]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Go for it Mr. Biggs!

Yes, I wanted to be there but I just got back from a week in the hospital so I'm supposed to rest (whatever in heck that means).

And others can add to it as well. Once I see what's submitted we will put something together and be able to show how SDC really works.

Comment

Go for it Mr. Biggs!

Yes, I wanted to be there but I just got back from a week in the hospital so I'm supposed to rest (whatever in heck that means).

And others can add to it as well. Once I see what's submitted we will put something together and be able to show how SDC really works.

Comment

I'm planning to fully video-record the job- and the event; also tons of digital pics; and I can write a little... so I'm just one who'll be willing to contribute something for your consideration[^]

I think this'll be a useful- AND fun- event... heck, maybe it'll turn into a tradition- how to rebuild some item in front of the whole world[8D] Maybe next year I could cut the rust out of a Stude fender and weld in a patch panel...

Guess we'll see if we survive this one first

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm planning to fully video-record the job- and the event; also tons of digital pics; and I can write a little... so I'm just one who'll be willing to contribute something for your consideration[^]

I think this'll be a useful- AND fun- event... heck, maybe it'll turn into a tradition- how to rebuild some item in front of the whole world[8D] Maybe next year I could cut the rust out of a Stude fender and weld in a patch panel...

Guess we'll see if we survive this one first

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Way to go guys!I think this is a great idea that your doing.Wish i could be there too,but like Art(Mr.great guy )Unger I'm medically challenged at this time.Like i told Mr.Biggs in an e mail earlier the doc told me i prob wouldn't work on cars again .But they ain't always right . I'm gonna prove him wrong or die trying.Maybe y'all have started a new trend for all SDC meets, a hands on fix it yourself seminar.Maybe do brakes,front end restore,body work,maybe even get Dick to show how he can make old faded paint look like new .A great idea guys good look forward to seeing pictures and documentary .I so wanted to buy Bob a cold one shake his hand and listen to him share some of his stories.Have fun Studebaker drivers.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Way to go guys!I think this is a great idea that your doing.Wish i could be there too,but like Art(Mr.great guy )Unger I'm medically challenged at this time.Like i told Mr.Biggs in an e mail earlier the doc told me i prob wouldn't work on cars again .But they ain't always right . I'm gonna prove him wrong or die trying.Maybe y'all have started a new trend for all SDC meets, a hands on fix it yourself seminar.Maybe do brakes,front end restore,body work,maybe even get Dick to show how he can make old faded paint look like new .A great idea guys good look forward to seeing pictures and documentary .I so wanted to buy Bob a cold one shake his hand and listen to him share some of his stories.Have fun Studebaker drivers.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

I have written a few articles for Avanti Magazine, and some of my posts
                        can be considered books, but I wont be at South Bend. I have tried to
                        post as many tech articles as I can on the forum, to light the fire on
                        others to do the same. The more info thats out there, the easier it
                        is to get repairs done, and it can also help to take the fear away. I
                        also feel its a good way people can tell if they are getting ripped off.

Good luck on this venture.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I have written a few articles for Avanti Magazine, and some of my posts
                          can be considered books, but I wont be at South Bend. I have tried to
                          post as many tech articles as I can on the forum, to light the fire on
                          others to do the same. The more info thats out there, the easier it
                          is to get repairs done, and it can also help to take the fear away. I
                          also feel its a good way people can tell if they are getting ripped off.

Good luck on this venture.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

A good idea, but not a first. For example, at one SDC International Convention, Jim Pepper held a sort of ongoing seminar on the complete rebuild of a Studebaker V-8.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

A good idea, but not a first. For example, at one SDC International Convention, Jim Pepper held a sort of ongoing seminar on the complete rebuild of a Studebaker V-8.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X