Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investment Advice for the Oldsmobile Cognoscenti...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment Advice for the Oldsmobile Cognoscenti...

To wit: If you are going to invest $24,000 in a 1972 Cutlass convertible and ever hope to sell it, spend the money so it will come back to you.

Then, you won't have to offer it for $12,000 (and even that's a stretch) because your modifications eliminated 9 out of 10 people who would otherwise consider paying $24,000 for a gorgeous 1972 Cutlass convertible:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Geez, all it needs now is a set of off road tires!!!
    That thing has more ground clearance than my son's Blazer!!
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Comment

Reminds me of lifted 4x4s in this area. Over the years I've bought several nice trucks with expensive lift kits and huge wheels. I buy 'em, pull the lifts and big wheels, and put on 4 stock wheels. I can buy them right because they were cobbled up with that junk, which hurts value, and put it back salable. Maybe this Olds is the same deal.

Unless the workmanship us poor quality, the price is definitely right! Personally I like donks; I'd never build one but it would be fun to own one- for a while. It would freak people out in my little jerkwater town
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Maybe this Olds is the same deal.

Unless the workmanship us poor quality, the price is definitely right! Personally I like donks; I'd never build one but it would be fun to own one- for a while. It would freak people out in my little jerkwater town
          Well, Bob; there's your chance!
          This '72 is even in Ohio, although it is on Indianapolis Craigslist.
          Step right up! <GGG> BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Naw, mine has to be the car from which the name 'donk' originated, a 71-76 Impala.

Locally there's an elderly couple that has a mint original 76 Impala in that bright green metallic. Now THAT'S the car that needs donking...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
            X