CASO & proud of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASO & proud of it!

An acquaintance of mine has a stable of cars which he drives daily. Vintage T-bird, Mercedes, a Bently & a 52 Rolls. We pass often & wave in traffic. Recently at a party he commented that he sees my "cheap a$$ Studebaker " everywhere. I think it was supposed to be an insult. I thanked him for the compliment. His antique store is notorious for the dubious provenance of its contents. The last time I visited his shop i asked if there was anything old in his shop besides the proprietor? He had a good laugh. [I think]

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
    An acquaintance of mine has a stable of cars which he drives daily. Vintage T-bird, Mercedes, a Bently & a 52 Rolls. We pass often & wave in traffic. Recently at a party he commented that he sees my "cheap a$$ Studebaker " everywhere. I think it was supposed to be an insult. I thanked him for the compliment. His antique store is notorious for the dubious provenance of its contents. The last time I visited his shop i asked if there was anything old in his shop besides the proprietor? He had a good laugh. [I think]
    Great wording, Bob; I love such measured -ahem- tact. <GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Keep it up!

Comment

In Australia,quite a few of the snooty Rolls Royce owners have cars with bodies by Martin and King. They get really curious when I tell them that I too have a Martin and King and show them the body maker's badge. It puts a real downer on their day when they discover that one of the cheapest cars sold here had a Martin and King body...the Ford Anglia tourer. ( Heh-heh).
        A.C.Moisley

Comment

Working...
        X