North Star Chapter - Labor Day Show- Blacksmith Lounge - Hugo, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Star Chapter - Labor Day Show- Blacksmith Lounge - Hugo, MN

Nice weather today, good turnout. Much better than our wet Memorial Day.

Without my stude (it's feeling a little sick and covered up in the garage - sad story of not making it back from Springfield) I left early, but when I left we had 21 studes there, and I saw two more a few miles down the road heading to the show (Milaca, and a grey bullet nose). The salt2salt racer was there, as was Jim Rock's coupe (now owned by Tom).

Here's the pix I took.
    Have a safe Labor Day.

Thanks again to all the volunteers who devote their day to this event!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gohdes; 09-05-2011, 09:41 AM.

five more labor day pix.
    Attached Files

Comment

just a couple more
      Attached Files

Comment

It was really a beautiful day. It more than made up for the terrible weather we had on Memorial Day! There were a lot of really, really nice cars but heck if I didn't forget my camera!

Comment

a few coments...

Say-
          that '50 Commander looks sorta like one I saw out this way not too long ago...

Does anyone know anything about that flat black '57 2 door? Fill me in please!!!

(or at least put me in touch with the owner somehow)
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

When I saw the Blacksmith Lounge name I thought the meeting was at a bar. The location looks nice for a car show.
            I see some other makes of older cars in the background. Was this an open meet or did some folks just show up in non Studes?
            Last edited by 52-fan; 09-06-2011, 06:00 AM.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Blacksmith Lounge is a bar/restaurant with a giant field behind it. The owner keeps it cut nice and has a number of car/bike shows throughout the summer. The Northstar chapter hosts an orphan show on both Memorial Day and Labor day. There's usually quite a good turnout and, last Memorial day notwithstanding, the weather gods have been pretty kind to us.

Comment

What a nice turnout. THanks for sharing your photos.

Man, I can't get over how much those rear fender skirts impart motion to that beautiful green '50 Commander.
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                  [SIZE="3"] Say-
                  that '50 Commander looks sorta like one I saw out this way not too long ago...

That green Commander (same owner since 1957) racked up nearly 6000 miles on its round trip from central Minnesota to Alaska with only one minor mechanical issue....a corroded connection of the add-on electric fuel pump! They had a great time in Washington and enjoyed the entire trip.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I had to share more pictures of that beautiful 1934 President Deluxe rumble seat coupe, 1 of 23 manufactured. It looked perfect! I didnt realize until my 14 y/o nephew pointed out that the rear window rolls down.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2065.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1670575

Name:	DSCF2062.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1670576

Name:	DSCF2080.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1670577
                    And of course, I had to show my 1963 Hawk. It accumulated another 200 miles on Monday as it took my nephew and I to the show and then on to Taylors Falls MN to the Frostop Drive-In restaurant where it got lots of attention (and we each stuffed ourselves with a hamburger basket and lots of frosty mug root beer) and then accross the St. Croix river and then up to Grantsburg Wisconsin before turning back towards the west and heading for home. It was a great day!

Name:	DSCF2074.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1670578

Name:	DSCF2073.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1670579
                    Sorry Eric left so soon, but at least I got to visit with some other Studebaker fellas including forum member Bob40. I would also like to thank the people that worked the show. Hope next year is as good as this one!
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                      When I saw the Blacksmith Lounge name I thought the meeting was at a bar. The location looks nice for a car show.
                      I see some other makes of older cars in the background. Was this an open meet or did some folks just show up in non Studes?
                      As Bob mentioned, it is a bar/restaurant, but a great location to have outdoor parking on grass and not gravel, dirt, or asphalt. Except on Memorial day this year, it was a tad bit wet, and we had several people get stuck in the mud. (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=north+star). Pictures do not really show how bad it was, but you get the idea.

Car show is open to all Orphans & still mades. We ususally get around 400 cars or so. Everthing shows up from very early pre-war cars, to brand new corvettes. One of the widest varieties you will probably find. I did not walk around to see them all, but saw quite a few as they rolled past registration.

Comment

Working...
                      X