Trans. seminar at SB- Wednesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans. seminar at SB- Wednesday!

Most of you know of my search for a T86 trans. for Molly. Well, here's the plan:

Gord suggested rebuilding it in the parking lot at the Meet... sounded crazy, but a possibility. Got a call from Bob "Doc" Garbarino (DOC044) yesterday... he offered to rebuild it at his booth at the meet! I'm bringing Molly with the trans. already out and drained; Doc's bringing parts, tools, cleaning stuff, etc. We're planning to rebuild it in his space for everyone to see! To make this a success, we're looking for 4 kinds of people:

1. Those with knowledge and experience with these trans... Doc knows them, but says he's no expert; so those with knowledge would be invaluable! (You know who you are!) Also those who'd know where to locate the odd piece we may need that Doc hasn't already brought...

2. Those who want to learn about how to get into one of these... maybe you're mechanically inclined and want to see one apart and repaired.

3. Those who aren't mechanically inclined and don't really want to learn; but are curious as to the procedure.

4. Someone(s) that will run my camcorder and digital camera to record the procedure and event! We'd like to be able to share this with those not fortunate enough to be there, and I'd like to be able to refer to it in the future...

I'll take the completed unit to wherever I have to park the car and install it, since until it's back together I'll be on foot...

We're tentatively planning to do this Wed. afternoon, so I could hopefully have it done and concentrate on enjoying the concours (and everything else!) on Thurs...

I'm supplying the subject unit, the slave labor, and the $$ needed- and my immense gratitude...

Doc and I are both excited about the possibility of doing this- sounds like fun! Thanks to Gord for planting the seed, and Doc for offering to do this!

Any suggestions (positive, of course!) would be appreciated[^] Let's make this work!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

P.S. to Mr. Shaw- Wasn't sure where to post this- General, Tech, or SB forum, since when I thought about it it seemed to fit all three! So I went with the one I thought would get the most views

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

P.S. to Mr. Shaw- Wasn't sure where to post this- General, Tech, or SB forum, since when I thought about it it seemed to fit all three! So I went with the one I thought would get the most views

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bob,

Great idea. I can supply a canopy to keep the crew from sweltering as well as a white board for diagrams. You also should have a clean tarp and some newspaper to lay everything out on.

Tools? What tools? Okay, who was supposed to bring the tools? [?]

Gary

Comment

Bob,

Great idea. I can supply a canopy to keep the crew from sweltering as well as a white board for diagrams. You also should have a clean tarp and some newspaper to lay everything out on.

Gary

Comment

What is the possibility of making the (edited) video available to SDC members? Can I pitch in some $$$ for some DVD supplies? I believe I won't be the only one who would want a copy.

Las Vegas, NV
            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

What is the possibility of making the (edited) video available to SDC members? Can I pitch in some $$$ for some DVD supplies? I believe I won't be the only one who would want a copy.

Las Vegas, NV
              '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Bob,

Cool! I've got an E-Z-Up canopy that'll be there too... probably enough need for more than one.[8D]

Doc's got the tools (read above)...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Bob,

Cool! I've got an E-Z-Up canopy that'll be there too... probably enough need for more than one.[8D]

Doc's got the tools (read above)...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

My goal is to be able to video and share it- both for the tech aspect and the experience of the event; I have the latest digital camcorder, and blank DVDs are cheap; so I'm not worried about cost... it's more the production time But one way or another I want to make it available to the members

Still working on that aspect.......

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

My goal is to be able to video and share it- both for the tech aspect and the experience of the event; I have the latest digital camcorder, and blank DVDs are cheap; so I'm not worried about cost... it's more the production time But one way or another I want to make it available to the members

Still working on that aspect.......

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm a (retired) Tool & Die maker, fairly conversant with wrenching on Studebakers, but not with OD transmissions. I have one to rebuild and will be quite willing to supply some needed amateur help. Wednesday afternoon sounds good.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars.jpg[/img=left]
                        Tom Bredehoft
                        '53 Commander Coupe
                        '60 Lark VI
                        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                        All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

I'm a (retired) Tool & Die maker, fairly conversant with wrenching on Studebakers, but not with OD transmissions. I have one to rebuild and will be quite willing to supply some needed amateur help. Wednesday afternoon sounds good.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars.jpg[/img=left]
                          Tom Bredehoft
                          '53 Commander Coupe
                          '60 Lark VI
                          '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                          All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

Sent an e-mail to gordr; hope you got it...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Sent an e-mail to gordr; hope you got it...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X