od trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: od trouble

Back again still haven't got my od working"Attatched wires as suggested and have all od funtions except kickdown I wiil check switch for function and linkage anything else?

I previously referred you to a earlier post with a service letter in it. I eventually realized that switch won't work for a '58, so I sent you a private forum email offering a pdf of the 1958 OD troubleshooting and wiring diagram. You may not have received that email. If you want the pdf I'll need your addy. I don't think a pdf can be sent throught the forum messaging.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Sorry no I didnt get it I'm At soutergord@gmail.com Thanks

Comment

Some checks to make. Make sure the OD crank arm is all the way to the rear. Put cars voltage plus lead to the
        solenoid input wire-it should give a loud click. If no click -replace or restore it. One usual culprit is the governor
        on the opposite side of tranny.
        Remove it using a 1 1/2" open end wrench. Spin it up with a drill and see that the points are being closed by the
        fly wheel as they move forward. Mine was near frozen but a bit of PbBlaster and working back and forth, freed it up.
        The governor must ground out the attached lead which tells the relay to energize the solenoid.
        Dick Curtis
        The 1950 Champion Starlight
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

Working...
        X