Irene (Follow-up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irene (Follow-up)

Well, Hurricane Irene has come and gone. It was a huge storm. Here on Long Island, we had the whole works, flooding, downed trees, loss of electricity, cable and phone. We even couldn't use our cell phone.
    After 8 hours of no electricity, low and behold, our lights came back on and so did the cable and phone.
    All is right with the world. I hope all my Studebaker friends made out well. I hope there weren't any injuries from the storm.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

SE CT. Irene caused problems in this area primarily by causing trees to down power lines and also there was some damage to buildings, etc. The heavy projected rainfall did not arrive here. Fortunately, our development did not lose power, but there are many homes and businesses that did not far from us. One car here was heavily damaged by a falling tree and there are some roof repairs needed by one home. Several of us have been visited by family or friends who arrived to use our showers, etc., as they are waiting for power to be restored. Four submarines went out to sea and I would expect them to return soon. Our granddaughter and her boyfriend flew out to Tampa this PM after a 24 hour delay. We were very fortunate in our immediate area.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I read a headline that read "Irene proves to be wet,dangerous, and expensive" ......I thought to myself, "I want a date with that".....'till I realized they were talking about the hurricane.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Bill & Ellen still without power, They are not sure when they will get it back.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
        X