Researching VIN #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching VIN #

I am trying to research my old Daytona to see if it is still on the road. I sold the car in 1985. I have the VIN #. Can I research it through SDC?

Hello David, Unfortunately there is no way of determining whether the car is still around unless someone on this forum knows of it. Try posting the details and who knows, someone may say "I have (or know of) that car."

Good Luck
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Dave,
      If you have a friend, friend of a friend or relative in the police department, sheriff department or state patrol they can trace this for you. For sure they can search the state of Colorado and I believe do a national search. If the car has a current registration they can also tell you the name and address of the owner. Hope you can locate it!

Comment

Just to clarify: SDC does not keep track of the VIN numbers of cars owned by members, though registers of some particular models are maintained by individuals. States do keep records of those currently registered, but there is no way to find out if a particular vehicle is stored and not currently registered.
        Last edited by Skip Lackie; 08-28-2011, 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by daytonadave View Post
          I am trying to research my old Daytona to see if it is still on the road. I sold the car in 1985. I have the VIN #. Can I research it through SDC?
          The easiest first step would be to post the VIN# on this forum,along with the year and model. If the person who has it,might be a regular on this forum
          he or she might respond. It would be a easy first try, and everything else just gets harder.

Comment

1964 Daytona VIN 64V2028. I sold it to a guy in WY who bought it for his 16 year old son, nice Father.
            289, 2 bbl, 4 speed with disc brakes.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by daytonadave View Post
              1964 Daytona VIN 64V2028. I sold it to a guy in WY who bought it for his 16 year old son, nice Father.
              289, 2 bbl, 4 speed with disc brakes.
              That was a great looking Car, with all of the '65 Daytona Sport Sedan trim on the roof, a matching Black Interior and a four speed.

Unfortunately, that scenario does not bode well for it's long term survival, if you know what I mean!
              Last edited by StudeRich; 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Unfortunately, that scenario does not bode well for it's long term survival, if you know what I mean!
                It could'a been worse~

the car could'a had a four barrel or a supercharger!!!
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That's what I did with 1962 Daytona I had in high school and finished in the Army.
                  I was part of Dick Datson's 'Total Peformance' mailing list. Parts were cheap and most people didn't even want a Studebaker on their lot. I paid $300 in 67 for the 1962 Daytona. Paid $15 each for NOS fenders and $13 for the front apron. The rocker panels I got from JC Whitney.
                  When I repainted the car I didn't have the nerve to drill holes for the mirrors and the trim.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X