Hawk On Ramps Come - On Irene Give Me A Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk On Ramps Come - On Irene Give Me A Break

OH man. I have creeks behind me, beside me, and in front of me. I'm in Central New Jersey. Actually a nice lot. Trees, deers, all types of of woodys living. But I am now ringing my hands. I have had the Hawk since around 1979. I hope Irene doesn't steal her from me. I backed up onto ramps and jacked up the front under the frame and put jack stands under her. I guess I raised the old gal about 16 inches inside the garage. I think we'll be OK.

I know what you mean.

Earlier in the week we had the earthquake in DC and the ground really moved under us. I was at work at the time. My 64 HT is up on 4 jack stands. When I got home, I slowly opened the garage door to see if the car was on ground. But, it was still on the jacks. What a relief.

Comment

Hope you guys weather the storm without any Studebaker or any other kind of damage!
      Good Luck & God Bless!
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Hi Jim , I,m 30 miles south of you , We are keeping our fingers crossed but I think the winds are going to diminish but still get alot of rain, Take care , Ed PS See you at our show on the 18th

Comment

I wish you the best. Back in 2008 when we had all the floods here in the Cedar Rapids/ Iowa City area The property owners who live in the low lying areas of the Iowa River were given flooding and evac notice in preperation of additional flooding from levies and more rains and possible damm breakage. My property where I store my Studebakers is a good half mile from the river and also a bit higher than it, but with the warning I also got nervous, first thought was I could not see it getting to my shed and than the second was better to be safe than sorry. I spent an afternoon raising all the cars about 16-24 inch depending on what I could find or borrow to get them higher, than going around and putting every thing that was on the floor onto my warehouse racking and benches. Well it got close but I didnt get wet and glad.
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X