• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame

Anyone looking for a frame??

Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

It looks like it is a '55 to '57 8 Cyl. C or K frame, it would matter as to what year and body type a buyer might need.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      It looks like it is a '55 to '57 8 Cyl. C or K frame, it would matter as to what year and body type a buyer might need.
      A '57 Silver Hawk frame assembly, maybe???

Comment

It has the smaller non finned brake drums and a hill holder I am not exactly sure what kind or year!!
        Kevin Phillips
        Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

going to the scrap yard!!?? anyone need this??
          Kevin Phillips
          Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Take the batwing crossmember off of it before you scrap it. They are getting harder to find.
            Jamie McLeod
            Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
            1958 Commander "Christine"
            1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
            1955 Commander Sedan
            1964 Champ
            1960 Lark

Comment

Kevin: I am interested in buying the batwing cross member if you're willing to separate from the frame. Thanks. Rich in Phoenix

Comment

According to the pics, it's off a 57.
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Does it have to go immediately? You'll probably get less than $100 for scrap, while somebody needing one will probably be glad to pay $3-500. It's just a matter of a little patience and effort finding that buyer.

If I was at all nearby I'd get it just to save. Why not stand it in it's side next to the garage or something for the time being? Bob Peterson sold a bunch of bare frames a few years back for $500. I still have one standing against my garage, bought by a Canadian friend, still waiting for pickup.

Your frame doesn't have that common swelling between the rail and plates. Someone would love to have it. And, once it's scrapped, it's gone forever.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I totally agree with BOB. Unless your neighborhood ordinances hold a gun to your head - a frame can be 'squirreled' away for a long time - just keep it out of the weather...

Comment

i guess you could say i am kind of in a hurry. hard to sell a house with old cars in the driveway!! i am in the military and i was told a couple months back that i have orders to move to germany. now i have a 57 silver hawk, a 53 coupe and this frame, plus all kinds of parts, i have to get rid of or sell. i could put all of it at my fathers house but it would all have to set outside in his field. i would rather sell it cheap and not have it go to waste!!
                      Kevin Phillips
                      Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

I'd gladly take it if there was some cheap way to get it to Jawja.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

and to clear up my last post i have already sold the 53 coupe and the 57 silverhawk!!
                          Kevin Phillips
                          Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Working...
                          X