HURST Shift Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: HURST Shift Rods

Need the shift rods for a 64 Avanti with a Hurst 4 spd shifter. Part numbers or the actual rods would be
    greatly appreciated. If you have a set ( 3 rods ) you would like to sell let me know. Thanks

You might be able to find them on E-bay....(Hurst Competition Plus shifter) . Do you have the steel plate that covers the 1-2 rod clearence hole in the floor?
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

part numbers here

the shifter and handle are NLA, but the "install kit" is 373-3157 and was still available at the time that I put that together. Should contain all shift rods and associated hardware.

good luck

nate
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Yes, the install kit is still available for $140. We CASOs can remember when the shifter, handle, knob and kit was less than that. However, guess we shouldn't complain because at least it is still available new retail. It's when we have to pay those prices for rusty old eBay stuff that it really hurts.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          Yes, the install kit is still available for $140. We CASOs can remember when the shifter, handle, knob and kit was less than that. However, guess we shouldn't complain because at least it is still available new retail. It's when we have to pay those prices for rusty old eBay stuff that it really hurts.

jack vines
          The part numbers for the individual rods are on the spreadsheet that I linked to, if the OP has everything else... last time I bought an individual rod I think it was in about the $25 price range.

nate
          --
          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Dave Thibeault has the shifter and the handle new in the box, and had quite a few in stock. Why don't you contact him?
            Originally posted by N8N View Post
            part numbers here

the shifter and handle are NLA, but the "install kit" is 373-3157 and was still available at the time that I put that together. Should contain all shift rods and associated hardware.

good luck

nate

Comment

Thanks Nate,

Not finding the rods but will call Hurst tomorrow. I notice the parts seem to be available for the Lark / Hawk,
              but NOT the Avanti. Bought a die and some 3/8 cold rolled rod today so have an option if the kit is NLA.
              Thanks again for the information, will let you know if I find any new information for you.

Comment

I needed to order a replacement shift rod for a C-K with T-10 and called Jeg's (or maybe it was Summit Racing? I forget now) and while the part was not listed on their web site they were able to sell it to me. This was due to an issue they were having with one of the shift rods being bent incorrectly; I ordered two install kits in a row and both of them didn't work. I ended up keeping the second one and getting a used shift rod from Lee D. - after a year or so I tried to order just that rod and that one showed up bent correctly (despite my communications with Hurst regarding the issue being somewhat frustrating - once I had the right rod in my hand, stamped with the same part number as the new ones that wouldn't work, and sending them a detailed description of the issue their replies were always along the lines of "due to the way we make these things, it's impossible that there could be a problem")

But anyway, you might try giving one of the big mail-order speed shops a call with a printout of the various part numbers in front of you. Hopefully you'll be able to get what you need!

good luck,

nate
                --
                55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Working...
                X